Morale system

illuminazn

I thought it would be very interesting to implement a mod that would revolve around the psychological effects of firefights like in real life. I've gotten the idea sorted out in my head but I'm just leaving it here just in case anyone would be willing to pick up such a project. Anyways, to get a better understanding I will first use a real life example

Let's say there was a firefight between "A" and "B". During this time, they are exchanging gunfire but "B" gets shot during the fight. "B", knowing that he got shot begins to feel anxiety and desperation (as real soldiers do) and his morale begins to falter. "A" at this point has an advantage of "B" in the sense that they know they have wounded the opposing combatant and will be confident that they will win this fight. Make sense?

So basically, the system would work out as such

A player has a set amount of points...say 100 (for the sake of explanation). The enemy also has 100(could vary based on the enemy type). When the player engages an enemy, this could trigger a script that could keep track of the amount of points based on HP and their current weapon (after all, big guns are pretty scary). When one gets injured, it would take off some points based on damage taken and the weapon that was used to inflict the damage. This would result in a higher chance for the enemy to flee/panic, high accuracy reduction (due to tension and anxiety), tunnel vision (a slight blur to express the state of mind), and damage reduction (not realistic but for RPG purposes, I will include this). For each shot that is landed by either characters, points are restored to their morale by using the equation of damage caused divided by 3 ( X/3 ). This damage system allows for people who have a complete ambush or a crit to have their morale restored very quickly (as it is in real life, you ambush someone and deal great damage and you are bound to win or if you hit a vital organ) and for the players who flee, they will suffer a lasting effect of morale loss unless they fight to regain it, sleep, or eat some food/water that will restore morale SLOWLY over time.

This system allows for great psychological warfare and can very much change the way a person encounters situations. No longer will a player Rambo out in the open if they know they will receive not just damage but accuracy reductions, annoying tunnel vision and damage reduction; the number of enemies will change the way you will play by realism. No soldier can take down 6 at the same time during a firefight by themselves (unless the enemy is grouped up in a small hall like a turkey chute).

Well, this is just an idea of mine. Any modders who think they can do something like this, feel free. Change what you like. It's just an idea.

Well, there IS a basic morale system already in the game, so it should be possible to expand it and make it more detailed like that.

It'd be great if it could even be made so that some enemies would pretty much flee on sight.

The raider grinned and drew his gun as he saw the small form of a young girl approaching the camp. His grin soon faded as the girl shrugged on a flamer, his eyes widening as he recognized the bright red hair of the pyromaniac little girl who had single-handedly reduced every raider in Springvale to ash. Not wanting to become barbecue, he turned and fled. :biggrin:

I thought it would be very interesting to implement a mod that would revolve around the psychological effects of firefights like in real life. I've gotten the idea sorted out in my head but I'm just leaving it here just in case anyone would be willing to pick up such a project. Anyways, to get a better understanding I will first use a real life example

Let's say there was a firefight between "A" and "B". During this time, they are exchanging gunfire but "B" gets shot during the fight. "B", knowing that he got shot begins to feel anxiety and desperation (as real soldiers do) and his morale begins to falter. "A" at this point has an advantage of "B" in the sense that they know they have wounded the opposing combatant and will be confident that they will win this fight. Make sense?

So basically, the system would work out as such

A player has a set amount of points...say 100 (for the sake of explanation). The enemy also has 100(could vary based on the enemy type). When the player engages an enemy, this could trigger a script that could keep track of the amount of points based on HP and their current weapon (after all, big guns are pretty scary). When one gets injured, it would take off some points based on damage taken and the weapon that was used to inflict the damage. This would result in a higher chance for the enemy to flee/panic, high accuracy reduction (due to tension and anxiety), tunnel vision (a slight blur to express the state of mind), and damage reduction (not realistic but for RPG purposes, I will include this). For each shot that is landed by either characters, points are restored to their morale by using the equation of damage caused divided by 3 ( X/3 ). This damage system allows for people who have a complete ambush or a crit to have their morale restored very quickly (as it is in real life, you ambush someone and deal great damage and you are bound to win or if you hit a vital organ) and for the players who flee, they will suffer a lasting effect of morale loss unless they fight to regain it, sleep, or eat some food/water that will restore morale SLOWLY over time.

This system allows for great psychological warfare and can very much change the way a person encounters situations. No longer will a player Rambo out in the open if they know they will receive not just damage but accuracy reductions, annoying tunnel vision and damage reduction; the number of enemies will change the way you will play by realism. No soldier can take down 6 at the same time during a firefight by themselves (unless the enemy is grouped up in a small hall like a turkey chute).

Well, this is just an idea of mine. Any modders who think they can do something like this, feel free. Change what you like. It's just an idea.

Morale system

Realistic psychological mod

firefights like in real life

realism

damage reduction (not realistic but for RPG purposes, I will include this)

damage reduction

realism

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/AdrianCoyote/altim.jpg

• 2 weeks later...