Settings won't save

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having the same problem as well as I cannot save. I have reinstalled, Steam and all games are installed on a separate SSD drive. Running Windows 10 Pro, Titan Video Card 12 GB VRAM, running as Admin, account is Admin on the PC. I purchased Oblivion GOYB and Morrowind GOYB at the same time. Morrowind works fine. Any suggestions?

Do you use Oblivion Reloaded? The reason why Striker879 was asking about Oblivion Reloaded a couple of posts up was that Oblivion Reloaded can prevent .ini changes from being saved by the game. There is a toggle for it in

...\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\OblivionReloaded.ini

that was called something like "SaveSettings" or similar. It is possible to set it to 0 or 1, I cannot remember which value prevents saving .ini changes, but if you are unable to save any settings, try setting the value in the file to the opposite of what it currently is (if 0, set to 1, if 1, set to 0) and testing in-game. I think the functionality was added for a reason, though, but I cannot remember what it was. Maybe it had something to do with the custom FoV values from Oblivion Reloaded being saved in the .ini and then causing issues when relaunching the game or somesuch? I remember that issue being resolved about the same time the .ini save prevention option appeared. But I could be wrong, too.

If you do not use Oblivion Reloaded, then it is probably something else. :huh:

Edited by Contrathetix

• 1 month later...
If, in the Oblivion game directory, in "Oblivion.ini",

I have the line "bUseMyGamesDirectory=0"

the game engine will use "Oblivion\Oblivion.ini"

Default is "bUseMyGamesDirectory=1" to use "My Games"

BUT...

the Oblivion Launcher will only make changes in

"My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini"

and "AppData\Local\Oblivion\plugins.txt'

Therefore any Launcher changes will not get used.

this also means the usable SAVE games, plugins.txt,

and the DLCList.txt also have/will be in the Oblivion GAME dir.

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem as well as I cannot save. I have reinstalled, Steam and all games are installed on a separate SSD drive. Running Windows 10 Pro, Titan Video Card 12 GB VRAM, running as Admin, account is Admin on the PC. I purchased Oblivion GOYB and Morrowind GOYB at the same time. Morrowind works fine. Any suggestions?

Edited by psalmist

Do you use Oblivion Reloaded? The reason why Striker879 was asking about Oblivion Reloaded a couple of posts up was that Oblivion Reloaded can prevent .ini changes from being saved by the game. There is a toggle for it in

...\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\OblivionReloaded.ini

that was called something like "SaveSettings" or similar. It is possible to set it to 0 or 1, I cannot remember which value prevents saving .ini changes, but if you are unable to save any settings, try setting the value in the file to the opposite of what it currently is (if 0, set to 1, if 1, set to 0) and testing in-game. I think the functionality was added for a reason, though, but I cannot remember what it was. Maybe it had something to do with the custom FoV values from Oblivion Reloaded being saved in the .ini and then causing issues when relaunching the game or somesuch? I remember that issue being resolved about the same time the .ini save prevention option appeared. But I could be wrong, too.

If you do not use Oblivion Reloaded, then it is probably something else. :huh:

This was a solution for me. Thanks for posting. I looking the wide web over and tried different things, but this was it. :)