A mod I am (or was) looking for

sgman1

Hey guys. n00b here as you can see from the profile. I've created it mostly for downloading mods but I might take up modding myself in the future, so I'll be looking forward to your help should that moment ever come about.

Anyhow, what this thread is about is that I happened to run across a devil may cry mod for oblivion being demonstrated on youtube that allowed you to pull off moves like Dante in DMC4 with all the different styles (trickster, swordmaster, dark slayer). I'm not referring to the name for safety reasons but I did hear quite a bit about it while googling around. So since all of you must know the story surrounding this mod, I'd like to ask; Is there anyway I can obtain this mod legitimately?

For those who don't know the story or don't know what I'm talking about basically this mod was made by some North Asian guy and then somebody uploaded it on nexus without giving any credit. The guy got pissed and reported this and so the mod was removed from the tesnexus. So now I'm wondering why I can't legitimately obtain this mod anywhere else on the internet if it only got removed from tesnexus. I swear I've gone through several pages of google search but have found not a single piece of that mod.

If anybody knows anything about how to obtain this, could you please tell? If there is no way to obtain it then could you please tell me what kind of modding it would require and in which areas would some expertise be specifically required?

There is no problem about mentioning the name :°

Hell yeah i know the mod, never knew about what you said though. I have it on my HDD so if you get the permission of the original author, i could re upload it giving the full credits to the author

There is no problem about mentioning the name :°

Hell yeah i know the mod, never knew about what you said though. I have it on my HDD so if you get the permission of the original author, i could re upload it giving the full credits to the author

Well just to make sure I'll mention the name. I think it was called smokin' sick style mod or something. You wouldn't happen to have any other mods similar to it or used along with it, would you? I visited the channel of the guy who uploaded the youtube vid which I contained this mod. Several of the other vids also mentioned a dante must die mod. You wouldn't happen to have that as well, would you?

And any ideas on how to get the permission from the original author's? I have no clues whatsoever as to who these people are or how to contact them. Or probably how to speak their language for that matter and how to avoid making them angry.

Sorry about the rant. Just thinking about what to do since I'd really like to get this mod(s) but don't know what steps to follow.

Hmmmm... when I read your post, I immediately thought of the DMC Stylish - Animation Replacer mod that's available on tesnexus. That's the actual name of the mod, so if you copy and paste that into google then you should find it no problem. Not sure if it's the one you were thinking of though.

Hmmmm... when I read your post, I immediately thought of the DMC Stylish - Animation Replacer mod that's available on tesnexus. That's the actual name of the mod, so if you copy and paste that into google then you should find it no problem. Not sure if it's the one you were thinking of though.

Sorry. Not the one. The mod that I am talking about actually let's you do stuff that the playable characters of DMC4 did. E.g. Dante's multi-jump/aerial movement with that weird magic pentagram power in the trickster style, using dual pistols to shoot multiple shots in two possible directions at a given time or the rainstorm/bulletstorm air to ground attack, or the special slashes of dark slayer style that cut an enemy at distance where you would normally not hit them with a melee attack.

I hope that clears it up for you.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking for the same mod, and I came across this forum post looking for it. I saw this mod in the youtube video for the Shadowfang Keep mod and it looked amazing. I'm going to hunt this mod down somehow... some way.

Edit: LOL, I found it. I had to wade through pages and pages of japanese text, loosely translating it with google chrome, until I found mediafire link which led me to another mod from the original creator. From here I clicked "Browse elisees's Shared Files" and voila, there it was.

Search for DMC, or Devil May Cry. Should take you to it. I believe it was taken down the first time for reusing without permission bits of Midas Magic and Devil May Cry. But I think it's still here.

Search for DMC, or Devil May Cry. Should take you to it. I believe it was taken down the first time for reusing without permission bits of Midas Magic and Devil May Cry. But I think it's still here.

Nope the mod has definately been removed. Love your mods btw.