Armor retexture request

Lehcar

I tried my hand at it, but it just wasn't working and everything I made came out looking like umm... well, crap. I just don't possess the skill at image editing to create anything half decent looking.

What I want is to have the "light" (leather) armors look like they'd plausibly protect somebody. That is, I really want them to have sleeves and pants (going commando in a skirt = BAD!), and for females I really want to have that whole chest area above the breasts covered up (what good is armor if it leaves your heart and many of your major blood vessels and arteries exposed??)

So... could maybe someone who is better with image editing programs than me try this for me? I'd so happy if someone else could give it a shot.

I tried my hand at it, but it just wasn't working and everything I made came out looking like umm... well, crap. I just don't possess the skill at image editing to create anything half decent looking.

What I want is to have the "light" (leather) armors look like they'd plausibly protect somebody. That is, I really want them to have sleeves and pants (going commando in a skirt = BAD!), and for females I really want to have that whole chest area above the breasts covered up (what good is armor if it leaves your heart and many of your major blood vessels and arteries exposed??)

So... could maybe someone who is better with image editing programs than me try this for me? I'd so happy if someone else could give it a shot.

I agree the female armors need fixing. There are a couple out there that kind of fix the barrel body shape, but all are also really top heavy. Like the Romans I don't need sleves or pants, but just a better looking light armor for the female for all races that also makes her look athletic, not a Hollywood plastic surgeons dream.

BTW, this is Dan's fiance talking. Dan actually likes the bikini armors, but he'll lose this argument. :tongue:

One of the goals of Leliana Item Set was to make a light armor that looked plausibly useful in combat while retaining an appearance of flexibility. Despite the name, it can be used by any female PC. Still might be a little more skin than you want though...

thank you :smile:

but on another note, I think having proper sleeves and pants and an under-shirt makes it more practical, and fits the lore of Dragon Age better, in the sense that it looks like it would actually keep a character warm aswell. Ferelden is at the southernmost point of Thedas, so it has quite a chilly climate. It would stop the wearer from freezing to death in the snow and brutal cold of the Frostback Mountains and in those snowy caves in the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest. :happy:

thank you :smile:

but on another note, I think having proper sleeves and pants and an under-shirt makes it more practical, and fits the lore of Dragon Age better, in the sense that it looks like it would actually keep a character warm aswell. Ferelden is at the southernmost point of Thedas, so it has quite a chilly climate. It would stop the wearer from freezing to death in the snow and brutal cold of the Frostback Mountains and in those snowy caves in the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest. :happy:

I know this is late but, I do believe this is mod you're looking for.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=809