The Duality of Truth

kidwitthafro

Duality of Truth ,my truth is not your truth for I perceive a different truth for my red is your green ,is that a duality of truth or duality of perception .If it is a duality of of truth then there is nothing that is true in the sense of the word true ,up can be down and down can be up ,good can be evil and evil can be good and so on and so on .Now if its just a duality of perception then that provides support for the idea that there is a universal truth because a universal truth is a construct of singularity or oneness while duality of perception is a mechanic of dualism or two and thus cannot be the defining characteristic of a concept that by its nature is singular or one .In laymans terms it would be like trying to put oil and water in your car and expecting it to run.

So what purpose can duality of perception serve in the pursuit of truth ,well by its construct (a thing of 2) it can be the scale by which you measure each perception against each other and against itself ,the latter is the hardest to do as it requires an absolute divorcement of preconceptions and prejudices ,which very few in human existence have been able to do.I like to think of truth as a many sided cube that I can roll in my hand and look at each facet and weigh it against each facet in the cube and only after much accepting and rejecting am I able to perceive the commonalities that exist within the cube itself.

An example of this commonality of universal truth is evident in the very existence around us all ,how so ,well each and every thing in existence is a result of a previous result ie one part is a part built upon the part of another ,particle upon particle ,atom upon atom ,molecule upon molecule ,digit (math) upon digit ,word upon word ,thought upon thought and so on and so on and all of them in given arrangements result in a greater part.Also in the arrangement of the parts in the creation of the greater there always seems to be an agent of change or transformation ie 1 + 1 = 2 ,2 hydrogen molecules + 1 oxygen molecule = 1 water molecule and you could go on ad infinitum. The point is that though we may have many dualities of perception that in and of itself does not eliminate the possibility of universal truth ,which I find many do when they enter into the mindset that the perception takes precedent over the result (the truth)

Now I don't know what truth is in an absolute sense but I've seen enough of its parts to know it exists ,yet am completely stumped by it most of the time ,so leave you with something that's got me completely stumped.

A story about an Indian yogi that locals were claiming has not been known to eat food or drink any liguids .The Indian defence ministry and various scientific agencies put this guy in a hospital and gave him no food or water for 15 days and filmed him 24/7 to make sure he didn't ingest anything .This was reported last april or may and he has since been released and still has not been seen to ingest anything .This guy claims he has been going without food or water for 70+ years .Is this true well everything I've checked says its legit .TBH this has got me completely stumped and maybe some crazy hoax is being pulled but I can't find any evidence it is a hoax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgD_4OGdXA8

So what's the truth here do we need food or not or do you just perceive yourself to be hungry.

Edited by Harbringe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me then add that I meant "true" terrorist or freedom fighters, the ones who have the courage to stand against the opponant army, and would never hurt innoncents.

Those who kill only inoncents in the supermarkets or busses, by blowing them selfes up, they have their own unique perception, the way they see the world. Twisted we would say, though still theirs.

You also have to notice though that a lot of Americans like the war we are in, and don't care what are troops do.

To them, killing innocents is fine as long as its in the name of mone... I mean freedom.

So human truth is a lot of the time based on what we know. So its based on facts...

So what the real question is, how can we always trust facts? If something happens over and over again and has the same result people consider it a truth, if they see it with there own eyes they consider it a truth.

Most truth is relative, most facts are skewed by personal bias and interpretation. Even Mathematics can be manipulated to serve someones interests. But, without some notion of truth, logic, and order, we wouldn't know how to live our lives, what values to hold, and would be no better than animals. Even if this truth and the society which it has fostered is illusionary, society cannot exist without it. Facts or no, logic or no, TRUTH or no, people will always believe what serves them and makes them feel comfortable, and even when faced with strong evidence to the contrary will often keep their own beliefs instead of accept those of others.

Which is kinda why these sorts of topics never go anywhere. You can't make people change their beliefs. You can't force people to accept your own version of the truth any more than you are likely to accept theirs. Even if some absolute truth did exist, people would likely still hold onto what they personally believed.

Edited by Vagrant0

If you live in duality you simple havent transcended the understanding yet. I cannot make it anymore simple. Just my thought to the thread.

Of course one may dance around it. Poeple do it a lot (see what Vagranto said) and then in turn it can lead to more understanding again... or not.

Nothing to say from me tho.

Im just a passer by.

Not the c th c ch h. Cshhrth.

Radio malfcrwzzz unction. Crzzszszzs under attack. Zzczzsz Caes..caecaesar zzszsz legiosztsrszrs. New Vegas. Must go.

Edited by Nadimos

Truth is impossible!

Truth Is, always. It is the living Moment, always there, always changing, always Present and always correct.

We are the ones that muck it up, because we are divorced from it by all that we are.

Most of what people speak of are "truths", little "t", not Truth, as they speak of lefts and rights, reds and yellows, and try to measure, categorize, or somehow explain that which is beyond cognition and therefore will always be false when it is so limited by the mind.

Feeling is superior to intellect in this matter, when it is trained (and by that I mean stripped away of its inhibiting layers of, mostly, fear)...and in our world, training is necessary. Just because you "feel" it doesn't mean squat. And if you can measure it, you can be sure that it is false. Even describing it with words is, of course, false...but I like this thread so I wanted to say something! :laugh: I...am...become...The Duality