creating a new npc

dissentuk

so i've been toying arround with the geck of recent. i edited an existing cell into my own and decided i wanted to add a custom merchant npc. i found a tutorial and followed it all to the letter but when i drag my new npc into the render window they are giants. the size and weight are definatly set to 1 so i dont understand why. i also can not delete them from the lvl list now. the room they are in is the megaton mens restroom duplicated and renamed.

if possible, can somone explain how to:

create a custom merchant npc that is not a giant who is wearing clothes

how to make them sandbox and not ever leave the room

a couple of other things im a bit unclear on is how to save and test my mod. i am aware that i have to link them to the world but for now i would like to get this bathroom with a merchant npc up and running and just teleport in for now.

thanks

so i've been toying arround with the geck of recent. i edited an existing cell into my own and decided i wanted to add a custom merchant npc. i found a tutorial and followed it all to the letter but when i drag my new npc into the render window they are giants. the size and weight are definatly set to 1 so i dont understand why. i also can not delete them from the lvl list now. the room they are in is the megaton mens restroom duplicated and renamed.

if possible, can somone explain how to:

a couple of other things im a bit unclear on is how to save and test my mod. i am aware that i have to link them to the world but for now i would like to get this bathroom with a merchant npc up and running and just teleport in for now.

thanks

I never had the need to do a merchant but I do know npcs. & if they are set to 1 they are normal size. Did you use the "F" key when you put the npc in the render window (drop them to the floor) if you still have the npc selected)?

i definatly had them set to 1 and used f to anchor them to the floor. bassically they are giants, their knee isnt even visible they are so tall. they appear as an actual npc as opposed to a green m when you drag a premade character. why does that happen?

to make an NPC wear clothes, all you need to do is to give them something to wear...

NPC's behavior must be programmed by pressing the AI button while editing the NPC.

remove all packages (if they have any) and make a new one. in the upper left corner you can see the package type, put that to Sandbox.

The amount of cells the NPC can travel depends on the energy level they have... put it to 10 (or less)

that's all i can help with.

If you have not created a new NavMesh for your copied bathroom then NPCs in it will not move regardless of which AI Package that you apply to them.

I do not know why your NPCs are huge. It doesn't sound as if you have progressed very deeply into your mod yet, so I recommend starting a new .esp to see if your current mod has an anomolous glitch.

i didnt delete the navamesh from the restroom so how come that cant be used?

My mistake. I don't duplicate cells in order to avoid certain problems, so I got confused. I always copy and paste into new cells. Navmeshes don't transfer that way, so I'm used to creating new ones.