REQ: No-Float Lich Casting Animations

jamochawoke

Hello all. I've been hoping to find new staff and casting animations that provide a better stave and magic experience than the Vanilla Oblivion ones. I've found some decent casting anims, but not many and to be honest the vanilla ones are pretty decent. However, the only ones I can find for the staves are the anime type ones which really don't fit and also really mess up targetting and the lich casting animations which all have the lich floating effect.

I'm really against breaking the Vanilla playing "experience and feel" when installing mods and I'm actually working on a compilation right now called "Vanilla Drops" that simply increases and adds depth and more immersion to the Vanilla Oblivion gaming experience. The goal of the mod would be to make the game play about 99% the same but with fun surprises and better tuning / fixing some of the things Bethesda overlooked.

With that same mod-making spirit in mind I was hoping I could get an animator to edit the casting animations of the lich with the staff to not float when using the staff or walking (keeping the walking animations on the lower half of the player body model) but allowing some of the really fun casting animations to be used while keeping the player character on the ground.

I'm basing my mod off of the 3rd person animations in 1st person mod so I don't require any special 1st person anims made, just the standard 3rd person ones would be fine :)

If anyone could do this for me, I'd be really appreciative! If I do end up using any work you do in Vanilla Drops I will of course give full credit and a detailed overview of what you did to help mod the Vanilla Oblivion experience.