Teleporting exterior doors to interior doors

martinthemage

Right, I've encountered a problem when I try to link a door from an exterior cell, to teleport into an interior cell. When I activate the door, nothing happens. I don't get teleported into the interior cell. I used the console to manually teleport myself into the cell, and I spawned where I put the marker, and I could get back outside, using the door. This is strange because I linked both of them up, but only the interior door works. Does anyone know what happened? :blink:

You could go nihilistic and delete the bad door. Then replace it with a similar door. (One that looks similar but has a different form ID would be best, just so long as it has no script. failing that, just try another door of the same form ID.) Then you could link the doors and try again. Be sure you are not using a special door with a script, an Oblivion gate, a random door, or a tent door. There are a lot of special-purpose doors out there. Be sure you are using a plain, ordinary, boring door. sometimes you can fix a door by breaking the link, and then linking it up again.