Familiar Faces Characters Not Staying

Elwood288

I'm having an issue with Familiar Faces where my other characters aren't showing up in their alcoves. It was working fine until I loaded up my tenth character and then all of a sudden all the alcoves were empty. Now when I load my main character he is in his alcove but no one else is there. If I go to the hall on any other character all the alcoves are empty. When I check the MCM all alcoves are labeled as empty. When I click to fill an empty alcove all of my characters are available as options but I can't get any of them to save to one of the alcoves. Not sure if it's related but all of my characters are imported from my Xbox 360 saves. Any ideas?

My recommendation is to just play the game on PC with a 360 gamepad. I have no clue why you would play the game with 10 different characters all on 360 when you apparently have a PC with Familiar Faces installed. Also, I think that the Nexus boards does not support console modding anyway.

I'm just saying, I don't think your console saves are going to get much support. Either way, I reccomend just starting over - compatability wise it's the best option. I can imagaine it would be more stable that way too. Plus, Skyrim is a great game I don't understand why it would be so hard to start over. Especially with mods like "Alternate Start: Live Another Life", you don't even need to playthrough the intro.

Edited by DaddyDirection

This has nothing to do with what you are focusing on. I am having an issue with Familiar Faces that I would like resolved. I simply mentioned that the saves were originally xbox because I thought that might be part of the problem. Please only post if you can help me get familiar faces working properly.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is what is causing problems. But since you're persistant, I'll continue to try and help. Have you tried just reloading you current save? It's a known quirk of Familiar Faces to have saved characters vanish occasionally, they return upon reloading a save though.

I suppose it doesn't need to be asked since you did get it to work for a while, but I'll ask anyway. Do you have all of the requirments?

• Latest version of Skyrim - Dawnguard and Dragonborn are supported but not required.
  • SKSE 1.7.0 or higher - Not included. Download and install if you're not using it already. Earlier versions WILL NOT WORK. The mod will notice if SKSE is missing and will shut down.
  • SkyUI 4.1 or higher - Required for MCM.
  • JContainers 0.67.4 or higher - This is an SKSE plugin that is packaged with this testing edition.
  • RaceMenu 2.8.3 - More specifically, the chargen.dll SKSE plugin distributed with that version. RaceMenu itself does not have to be installed, just the chargen.dll SKSE plugin. You should use RaceMenu, though.

Also, an important note from the mod author:

"A new version of JContainers, 0.68 has been or is about to be released. This version is NOT compatible with Familiar Faces. I will be releasing an update in the very near future that will support (and indeed require) JContainers 0.68, but don't upgrade JContainers until then!"

Edited by DaddyDirection

You also tried reloading the save? Other than that - I can't think of much else. It's a unique issue as far as I can tell. What is your load order? Do you use LOOT and TESVEdit? It could be a load order issue or even other conflicts that are causing this. Do the other saved games work at all? Maybe you need to have them enter the shrine again.

Edited by DaddyDirection