THE WITCHER 2

en4cer

Well i do admit that the Original Witcher ran like crap even tho i had the gtx285's in sli and a 3 gig quad core running it.

Reason for that was they used old Never Winter Nights engine which did not take full advantage of your hardware and lets face it wasn't very user friendly and a tad outdated even for those times.

Yet those guys still managed to make the game so beautiful with stunning graphics and game play and IMMERSION !!!! god was i hooked on that game.

But don't be so sure as to the new one not running well on your comp (providing you have something more powerful than Amstrad)

They have used an entirely new engine saying that it will utilize all the latest graphics and so on.

Despite of all that Witcher sold more than 1.5 million copies world wide and thats not bad for a game made by some small company in Poland.

If that game was made by a renown firm like bioware or Edios i reckon they would have sold twice or even more copies.

Really? It was running like 45-50FPS outdoors with everything maxed on my system I have currently...except I was using a 7950GT at the time. Before the Enhanced Edition patch though it had memory problems....was very happy when that came out. I can't believe they re did the dialogue too... now that's a patch :biggrin:

I love how the game was based off the books, which are a really good read btw. Awaiting one of the other books to get translated...I wonder if this one has any references to more of the books.

Well if you follow the link i provided you will have your answers.

Another thing is I LOVE how people say i was running this and running that fully MAXED out lol

What resolution man what resolution ?

I ran it at 1920x1200 and it RAN LIKE CRAP.

Sure the outdoor areas were ok as long as the slider for the horizon visibility was at half.

The city part was aweful.

The only thing that patch 1.3 fixed was the loading times.

Another thing is that Witcher did not utilize SLI correctly but i remember even on one card it ran very very average :(

Another thing is I LOVE how people say i was running this and running that fully MAXED out lol

Sure the outdoor areas were ok as long as the slider for the horizon visibility was at half.

Another thing is that Witcher did not utilize SLI correctly but i remember even on one card it ran very very average :(

Yes, because we all know a game can't be good without excellent graphics, right?

I played the game on medium and I still loved it. You guys just put way too much stock in how the game will run. If it can't run on max on your system, get over it. Just put some settings lower, sit back and enjoy the game.

Dude what on earth are you talking about ? who is complaining ?!?!?!?!

The Witcher even till today has some of the best graphics as far as RPG'S are concerned all we, well me is saying that the engine they used to accomplish that was not very optimized .

Wish people would read the whole friggin post and not jump to conclusions :(

at the time...1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF :biggrin: Only ran crappy in the swamp area...now have it at 1920x1200 with 8xAA and 8xAF...runs the same lol.

Yeah, we aren't complaining....a game can be 2D, 3D, 8 bit, 16 bit etc. and be one of the best. I'm just hoping they optimize it more so it runs well...

I'm looking forward to this title, but i can't seem to find The Witcher anywhere near me :( . Duh may have to order online one of these days before the witcher 2 comes out.