THE WITCHER 2

en4cer

I think what they managed to pull off with that ageing engine was very impressive.

I'm looking forward to this title, but i can't seem to find The Witcher anywhere near me :( . Duh may have to order online one of these days before the witcher 2 comes out.

Don't buy the enhanced version, you can upgrade the normal one for free by applying the 1.4 patch.

Thor man your a virgin huh,never played Witcher ? God i wish i was in your shoes, i WOULD LOVE TO play that game again not knowing what to expect !

Witcher i think is more immersing than Dragon age in a lot of ways , the plot is simply phenomenal being based on a series of successful books and all.

Graphic wise it would stand up to any RPG even these days.

Tons of sense of humor, fighting, jokes and so on.

The only let down in Witcher is magic for its almost non existent(there are few spells or if you wanna call it that) but overall its a non magic rpg really .

Also armor and weapon choices are very very limited but it all boils down to the lore from the books.

Lets hope that the new title expands on that a tad.

Still i'd rate Witcher in top three best rpg's ever made

Edit: i happen to understand Polish not so much speak it so believe me when i say that the game lost 99% of its humor in translation not to mention certain expressions that cannot be translated not to mention Polish voice acting was so much more professional and the voice overs themselves were a lot more suitable for most characters.

Well if you follow the link i provided you will have your answers.

Another thing is I LOVE how people say i was running this and running that fully MAXED out lol

What resolution man what resolution ?

I ran it at 1920x1200 and it RAN LIKE CRAP.

Sure the outdoor areas were ok as long as the slider for the horizon visibility was at half.

The city part was aweful.

The only thing that patch 1.3 fixed was the loading times.

Another thing is that Witcher did not utilize SLI correctly but i remember even on one card it ran very very average :(

I run it at the same resolution maxed out also on a single 9800GTX with 4 gigs of ram and quad core. I get 50+ fps all the time except the swamp which is usually stable at 45.

Hmm even in the Temple part of the city ? where it slows down so much it looks more like a slide show than a game ?

I find that very hard to believe but hey maybe you know a secret and i dont :)

Yes, I must admit, the visual effects of the magic came across as a bit bleh.

One thing I loved was the complete darkness of the game. On the outskirts of Vizima you didn't stand a chance in the crypt if you didn't have a torch or nightvision potion. No more just darker than normal light, but complete darkness with the occasional glint off a monster's slimy back.

Yes that was scary .......the whole thing was dark and foreboding,would be a scary place to live.

Witcher was suppose to come out on xbox360 as well but im not sure what is happening atm.

Fighting system and graphics were being totally reworked making it into almost an entirely new game.

Its on pause at the moment as far as i know,shame coz id get that on xbox too .

Oh the fighting in witcher 2 is a lot more immerse and not just a major click fest anymore.

Cant wait to see what they have come up with.

Hmm never heard of it coming out on XBOX but hey i could be wrong.

Dont matter i prefer pc games any day

btw i dont think it was scrapped all together, the game is complete as far as I KNOW for xbox360 but its put on hold, apparently they are looking for a better distributor than the previous one which really didnt give that game the justice it deserved,