ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Need help with item id's

SteeleDuke

Another thing is, you have to know your mod order. The FormID you will use for console command should be like this:

xxyyyyyy(Hexadecimal) - xx(Mod order in hexadecimal)+yyyyyy(The formID you found via CS or other tools)

Use Wrye Bash or OBMM to find it out.

• 11 years later...

These methods do not work.

I am trying to figure out a systematic method of adding modded items via the player.additem "objectID" console cheat.

Thus far, most resources I have utilized seem to recommend the above formula for objectID parameters, ie XXYYYYYY (wherein XX represents load number in hexadecimal format and YYYYYY represents formID given via CS or TES4edit, etc).

I have used both Construction Set and TES4edit to find the load order of my mods (in hexademical format via TES4edit) and the form IDs (the six digits after the hexadecimal load order numbers, via both CS and TES4edit since they both show the same numbers).

This method DOES NOT WORK.

These methods do not work.

I am trying to figure out a systematic method of adding modded items via the player.additem "objectID" console cheat.

Thus far, most resources I have utilized seem to recommend the above formula for objectID parameters, ie XXYYYYYY (wherein XX represents load number in hexadecimal format and YYYYYY represents formID given via CS or TES4edit, etc).

I have used both Construction Set and TES4edit to find the load order of my mods (in hexademical format via TES4edit) and the form IDs (the six digits after the hexadecimal load order numbers, via both CS and TES4edit since they both show the same numbers).

This method DOES NOT WORK.

So this method seems to only work with mods that have load orders up until 0A, when the hexadecimal format kicks in for the first time in the load order. Since my COBL esm file is #09 in the load order, adding items from COBL seems to work. However, after 09 the load order + 6 digit formid formula doesnt not work.

Edited by murphysboro

This was quite the necro post but of course they still work as explained. Trouble is just people always, for whatever reason, get the wrong mod index number from their tools.

Wrye Bash is very reliable when it comes to this, provided it is also the tool you "set" your load order with. Managing your load order with a different tool might lead to miscommunication between them and even WB not knowing your actual load order anymore.

I don't know about TES4Edit, but I do know you can select an own group of plugins while using it. So not sure if it even provides you with your actual load order from the start or if people are just not using the proper feature to obtain it correctly.

And the CS will "never" give you your load order. Every time the CS is launched you set up a new one, just for this editing run. Nobody ever gives the CS their entire load order, all plugins active inside their game, as it would crash spectacularly in no time by running out of resources soon.

And of course the tool must give you the hexadecimal index number, not just a decimal count. I've seen tools giving the number of the plugin but not in hexadecimal, so it's not the same. And to make things worse I've also seen tools having the wrong sort order even though they have the same number of active plugins.