Quest Bug? New Source of Stahlrim...

SirTrijj

I may have a bug here. Here is what Deor is saying now...The ash from Red Mtn is making the land sick. & Baldor is still at the forge. Do i need to just wait some more or should I console quest-advancment? I'm Lvl 43 and have 84 Smithing but nothing about forging stahlrim at the forge in Skaal or in Raven Rock. Thnx

Yes, I have the Ebony Perk. You get that at 80. It's my understanding that u can't start crafting Stalhrim until u complete the above-mentioned quest...a new source for Stalhrim. Supposedly, u r to overhear a conversation with Deor and some other about Baldor being kidnapped. & as I mentioned, Baldor is still in camp and Deor isn't having any such conversatios with any1. This is possibly a bug but I am not sure if I just got here too early. U can setstage on PC but I do not know at what stage I am on. Was hoping some1 could tell me based on what Deor is saying now. Thnx for replying.

The wiki for the quest says you have to have done the quest "The Fate of the Skaal" before you can do "A New Source of Stalhrim" you may also have to cleanse the wind stone (or whichever one is by the villiage) too. I'm not sure. Check out the UESP Wiki page if that still doesn't answer your question. It has quest codes on there too.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:A_New_Source_of_Stalhrim

I'm not the best with setstage commands. But if I were you I'd experiment with it. Try 40 like the wiki says (don't save until you know it worked). It says to wait until the guy gets to the lodge so I'd probably wait for 24 hours just be safe. If that doesn't work try 10 which from what I can see is the start of the quest.

So long as you don't save after entering the commands you shouldn't screw anything up if it doesn't work.