Give me your simple requests!

Mattiewagg

I wold very much like to see a skyrim version of this.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/27951/?

Basically a means to gain ownership of an any area and (if applicable) prevent it from respawning. This mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29275/?

claims to od that but doesn't actually work and it wold need to work for both vanilla and modded areas

Part of its easy, stopping respawns might be harder. I'll look into it.

I don't know much about scripting but could you run a check li,e if CellRespawns = True and then GetInCell SpecialModObject = 1 then set Cell Respawns to False?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this request a while back, but no one seemed interested. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2084284-bound-arrows-archery-with-conjuration/

You'll just be modifying an already existing spell to change the number of projectiles, and the perks it'll benefit from. I'd like to think this is a fairly easy one, but I'm also not a modder. I understand if it's too much.

Since you are good with scripting and quest design could you look into my request. I think it would be wonderful to have a quest-like structure to some of the current options.

I don't know what you'd think of trying to do a collab all the sudden, but it might be a possible learning experience for you.

What would the SpecialModObject be for?

And sadly, CellRespawns or anything similar doesn't exist.

Could have sworn there'de be a variable to dictate if a cell respawned but basically the SpecialModObject would have acted as a token or activator that would be placed in the cell preventing it from resetting

off the top of my head, some simple things for fun (if they dont exist already):

1. an enchantment for a 1h sword or shield to have a permanent candlelight spell on it. sheathing it turns it off, but otherwise it provides the effects of candlelight when equipped. just for RP purposes as something other than torches and light spells. doesnt add dmg unless you want to make it like moonlight vs. undead/werewolves.

2. a headbutt animation for attacking when you are using fists only or fist/shield. it would activate like a power attack and damage scales with helmet armor values.

3. climbing gear for mountains only (not scaling walls or cities). i imagine this has been done (im really new to mods). with all these crazy powers in the game the inability to climb mountains is rather immersion breaking. (probably bigger than a 'simple' mod but it just came to me.)

off the top of my head, some simple things for fun (if they dont exist already):

1. an enchantment for a 1h sword or shield to have a permanent candlelight spell on it. sheathing it turns it off, but otherwise it provides the effects of candlelight when equipped. just for RP purposes as something other than torches and light spells. doesnt add dmg unless you want to make it like moonlight vs. undead/werewolves.

2. a headbutt animation for attacking when you are using fists only or fist/shield. it would activate like a power attack and damage scales with helmet armor values.

3. climbing gear for mountains only (not scaling walls or cities). i imagine this has been done (im really new to mods). with all these crazy powers in the game the inability to climb mountains is rather immersion breaking. (probably bigger than a 'simple' mod but it just came to me.)

1. Sounds interesting. I'll add it to the list.
  2. Animations are notoriously difficult to set up, and especially to create, plus it's not my area of expertise. Would be interesting for anyone skilled in those fields though.
  3. It could be really glitchy.

Since you are good with scripting and quest design could you look into my request. I think it would be wonderful to have a quest-like structure to some of the current options.

I don't know what you'd think of trying to do a collab all the sudden, but it might be a possible learning experience for you.

Already doing collab actually, see my signature.

Cool idea, but not something I'm particularly interested in.

Requests Closed for Now!!!

Okay, I think I've gotten plenty of requests for now, so no need to give me any more. Perhaps at a later date I'll open it up again, but these are the requests I'm doing when I have time (not in order of priority):

1. Candlelight enchantment for weapons
  2. Detect item based on customizable value:weight/value
  3. Howling sound for werewolves (hotkeyed)
  4. Fixes and more features for Fighting Fatigue

Those are some really cool ideas, Jebzilla. If I was a modder I would definitely look into making a headbutt animation.

Already doing collab actually, see my signature.

Cool idea, but not something I'm particularly interested in.

Alright, well thanks for looking at least.

thanks, Somnazul! and thanks Matthiaswagg for considering the candlelight enchantment. i'll be interested in seeing how it turns out.

i dont know what is and isnt 'hard' in modding but i thought something like the candlelight enchantment could also be something that Sergio Turrianus will do for you when you ask if he'll enchant something for you. or maybe he'll say something like "Bah! Here, take this. It's something I've been working on but lost interest in. I'm far too busy right now to enchant something for you." and he gives you a sword with that enchantment and you could disenchant it to learn the enchantment.

of course all my 'simple' ideas could be made more tedious and 'complicated' if you are a glutton for punishment, haha. thanks for looking at it.

Edited by jebzilla