Better tagging system?

XunAmarox

Just a thought; could the tagging system perhaps be partially automated? If a mod's in the player homes category, it would be safe to assume the player owned building tag is relevant, if it's in the cheats category, the cheats tag etc.

It can't replace the human needed to pick all relevant tags, but it may help a bit.

Just a thought; could the tagging system perhaps be partially automated? If a mod's in the player homes category, it would be safe to assume the player owned building tag is relevant, if it's in the cheats category, the cheats tag etc.

It can't replace the human needed to pick all relevant tags, but it may help a bit.

That's a great idea man. At least mods will have their main tag, the one I think is the most important.

I have been tagging a lot of mods lately, using the "Random File" userscript for Greasemonkey. It's a lot of files, but I do it every day, so if more people are on it, it shouldn't take too long to get most mods sorted. :)

@Vagrant0 & LHammonds

Related with tags & the post number 3 :

-Can new tags be added/suggested?

-We need something to ensure a proper sorting of the files. More options to delete/add & manage tags.

I have tagged at least +1500 files and many of them have the most stupid tags you ever saw.

Obviously I can disagree with them -in some cases the files have all the available tags added by the author in order to appear in all the searches, in others added by the users because it's funny- and maybe they are deleted but in others situations I can not really do anything against improperly tagging, specially when it has been done by the author -an user can not disagree with him/her- or users who like to tag the file with all the available tags again -be aware I need to select one by one when disagreeing but the user can add all in one step-.

If needed help let me know. If I'm already doing it I would like to do it properly.

I also have been tagging a lot of files after reading this topic, currently 1,311 on Tes Nexus and only a few on Fallout 3 Nexus and Dragon Age Nexus. I only do it when I have nothing else to do, so I probably won't be doing it every day.

One other thing I dislike about the tagging, along with Isabelxxx's dislikes, is that when you add new tags to a file, you are directed to a page with no options of returning to the nexus homepage. It should be a link like "Back to submission" or something. :)

As with any case where you see somebody abusing the site, no matter who, please use the report feature.

Authors are not immune to the rules and setting all the tags just to show up in the search results is called "Site Abuse"

As with any case where you see somebody abusing the site, no matter who, please use the report feature.

Authors are not immune to the rules and setting all the tags just to show up in the search results is called "Site Abuse"

There are also hundreds of empty mod pages. I found around 40 pages(400 empty mod pages) with the advanced search option. I told you about this with the report thingy. I've also seen mods that had bad tags, but those tags where already aproved so...

EDIT by LHammonds: Don't worry about reporting no-file pages. We can find those easy enough...just takes time to go through them all...would be even worse having tons of reports to close as well. Generally speaking though, we give authors 24 to 48 hours to attach a file before the page is deleted for various reasons. If I see an older file with no File, no Mirror, no Video, it will likely get removed. Ideas and works-in-progress belong in the forums. Images can be shared in the ImageShare section (and attached to the WIP threads)

But if you see bad tagging, please report those.

400 totally empty? Like, no files or mirrors? (Some submissions only have mirrors)

And by the way, should we report empty submissions, or let it go, hoping they will come around to uploading a file later?

I have been tagging a lot of mods lately, using the "Random File" userscript for Greasemonkey. It's a lot of files, but I do it every day, so if more people are on it, it shouldn't take too long to get most mods sorted. :)

I'm glad it's being put to good use then. ;D

I have tagged at least +1500 files

currently 1,311 on Tes Nexus and only a few on Fallout 3 Nexus and Dragon Age Nexus.

Wow, that's a lot! I too tag files occasionally, if I have nothing to do, but I don't think I'll ever come close to that! :P