duibious improvements: the worst new innovations of the last decade

Vindekarr

lets face it who doesnt think that some of the "genre defining" moments in the last decade of games actualy made things a good deal worse? but what were THE worst? well for me as seemingly the only man in existance who hates bioware, its their idea of retexturing a game and selling it as a newe game, such as the endless rehashes of mass effect and nwn2, such as alpha protocol and dragon age, that and, this new idea of charging people full money for half a game or less, such as what rockstar and bungie have been doing lately, giving out 5 minutes of storyline, a terribly designed multiplayer and incredibly limited contentr then charging people again for the othert 3 quaters seperately, those are my big rages, but what are yours? :devil: :verymad:

Hmm, I actually found Mass Effect 2 to be more than a retextured rehash of the same game. It just improved so much upon the first. It might not be the best game in the world, but it certainly is the best game I've ever played, no question about that.

Something that really got me that's supposed to be genre defining is this new fad of let's move away from traditional RTS gameplay and dumb the game down. I hated Dawn of War 2 and I won't even try C&C4. I just really enjoy base building, so why replace it with topdown action gameplay (I refuse to call it RTS, as it is only a topdown action game).