Obivion Gates Opening all over the Capital Wasteland perhaps?

ZombieUK

Hey, since I nabbed a Copy of Oblivion recently and followed the Main Story line, I realised that gates to Oblivion where springing up all over the land and Monsters came out of them.

I then immediately thoght back to Fallout and dreamed of Big Oblivion gates appearing all over DC and all sorts of Monstrosities coming out and laying Siege to the settlements.

There is already a sort of Mod that does this. Saiden Storm's Creature Conemdrum Light Fermions open up Gates/Portals etc, the sky darkens and has a similar effect.

The story that goes with it is that Since the Defeat of the Daedra at the end of the Story, the demon twatts soon descover a Crack in Reality and manage to open up gates to the Capital Wasteland, mainly in heaverly radiated Areas as Radiation magnify's the Gate's integrity. Sorry for the spelling mistakes by the way.

Could have retexted Ghouls, new race Mods with glowing eyes fanges and funky hairs, retext Centaurs and Super Muties.

Yurgh, im just blabbing on now, Turned into the right geek but Im loving it (:

So what ya say?

The Deadra would probbably adapt, collecting weapons and consulting their lords on what do do with the new-found contraptions, they would probbably end up figuring out how to use the rifles and the like pretty quickly.

After finding the weapons, the deadra lords would probbably have them reverse engineered to find out how they're made and have the smiths chnge from making weapons, to guns.

I would actually love to see a scamp running towards me with a mini-gun :teehee:

Edit - Deadric Flamethrower... :woot:

It'd be an odd one, it takes a much different skillset to make an aK47 and 7.62x39mm Russian than it does a sword. Regardless you'd have to re-make all the oblivion assets, beth hates them being moved between games.

Well yeah, but then again, they are Deadric lords :sweat:

Obviously (or maybe not so...), You'd definately have to make most things anew, otherwise its porting, and porting is baad :rolleyes:

Ah I know Beth hates stuff being moved between games, but thats what Modding is partily about, making stuff from scratch or editing stuff currently available by retextures and meshes if people were willing to do it.

Look at the fo3 nexus and you see loads of resources to start the Foundation of such a Mod. I could start making retextures and stuff and attempt to create a Daedra race thingy but What really would be a Challenge is the Oblivion Gate deal. making the gate shimmon and make the sky dark and lava-ry. Tho Like I said, Saiden Storm already created the way to do that.

Scamps with Mini-guns xD

Ooo there is already a Deamon Super Mutant Model already for Fallout 3 as part of a Warhammer 40k mod thingy, could use that for the Xila..umm Big Daedra men or demons what ever ya call them.

the file itself is no longer available as a seperate Mod but I have the file in me possition.

Would be a undertaking but would truely make Oblivion and fallout a Single Game of Such.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"One problem. In the intervening centuries/change of reality some clever buggers invented the automatic rifle and self-loading shotgun. Swords just ain't gonna cut it anymore (ESPECIALLY if your enemy is wearing power armour...).

"

Yet, this does not stop Super mutant behemoths or Split Jack.

So, is unarmed/melee skills pointless? Why do I have Jingweis Shocksword?