The one idea that has been overlooked....

FlCTlON

Thinking today about what types of mods would make a major impact but arean't already readily available? Well we can run, we can hover in a chair, we can drive a motorcycle mounted with two rocket launchers and even call in our own Vertibird on top of the Washington Monument but....

not one of us can get any lower than crouching position. Hmmmm!

Anyone else now thinking "Wait, yeah.. why the hell hasn't anyone made this already?"

I am. I would really like to be able to drop into the prone position when I make contact in the wasteland. When I'm using a sniper rifle, I wouldn't mind being prone either. Being in the prone position could add a stealth field (Without making the person invisible) and improve sneak, and improve accuracty (maybe?) but -- the real question is. How plausible is this idea? Practical? Mind-bendingly impossible within the engine?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Already in this 198something ancient Xain d' Sleena video game you could get down to prone and save your ass. Don't make me laugh sayin' that it's impossible today.

• 1 month later...
i would be worried about the possibility of this causing a lot of crashes and falling off of map issues as players explore places that they aren't suppsed to access. i mean just because the nook looks like a solid floor on the other side doesent mean they bothered with colision mapping