⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Need Some Advice Before Completing My Mod

ToppDog

I could make #2, I have a building and furniture resource kit I am making and already have 372 parts and some of those are beds but I don't think it's a good idea. There is one giant issue with bunk beds and that is there is no animation for getting on and off the top bunk, what will happen is when the NPC goes to use it suddenly he/she will be standing in the air and climb into the bed like if it was a normal bed at ground level but the new invisible ground is 4 feet+ higher than the one you are standing on. You need a whole new animation for getting on and off a bunkbed.

You would be far better off making multiple barracks stacked ontop of each other with normal stairs going down to each level rather than try to make bunkbeds.

Sample work, %100 new meshes I made using vanilla textures and a pine wood texture, the bed and everything else works the same as Vanilla stuff. So yes I know what I am talking about.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/JET-WTF/2014-09-14_00007_zpse88139cd.jpg

*Edit,

Sorry, nearly %100 new mesh, the red blanket, drawers and drawer handles are vanilla mesh that's heavily modified and attached to my stuff, everything else in that pic is all my mesh work and fully game ready. I hate that floor texture and think I will change it lol. The pine texture is more for Riften interiors or Whiterun and not the farm environment they are in.

Edited by jet4571

That looks awesome! Yes, you are correct about the floating up to the top bunk. I did have some success with making the npc's appear to climb a ladder to get to the spot where they started the bed animation, & when it worked, it worked perfect. The problem was it didn't always work. I will test it some more & post if I get it to work better. I know it's something people have wanted to see for a while now.