Walls in CS?

Dusty7777

Hi, I need some help:

I'm building a house (an exterior model) and want to make some walls. I've looked in the CS and found some objects that look like wall/floor parts, but they are invisible on one of the sides.

So my question is:

Are there any wall/floor parts that I could use that are visible on both sides? If so, can you tell me where in the CS they might be?

Thanks

Yeah I've made an interior home before but I really like the idea of an exterior one.

I feel my question hasn't been properly answered (no offense) as I am looking for a floor board or large chunk of wood that is visible on both sides, as I need them for my walls. Please help!

Yeah I've made an interior home before but I really like the idea of an exterior one.

I feel my question hasn't been properly answered (no offense) as I am looking for a floor board or large chunk of wood that is visible on both sides, as I need them for my walls. Please help!

Would it be workable for you to use two one-sided walls with the invisible sides facing each other? A double-paned wall sort of... :teehee:

I believe what Pronam and Shadowfen is trying to say Dusty7777 is that any of the objects you are saying are transparent on one side can be made solid by:

First place the one sided wall in the cs

Select the item and duplicate

Now rotate the duplicate 180 degrees.

It will be as if it's solid but the interior will be a mirror of the exterior.

Or you could look through some of the modders resources on the main site. :)

Thanks nintai83, pronam and shadowfen,

It sounds like duplicating an object will put it in the same place as an already existing object. It sounds better than having to manually drag and drop another object right next to it, so...

How do you duplicate an object? Can someone explain this? Thanks

Yes, you can place a one-sided wall, e.g. the sidewalk Subplane object, which is just a flat square. Then, once it is placed in the position you want it, you can rotate it around 180 degrees so it covers the other side of it as well. Once that's been placed, you may want to place a few 'filler' objects to cover the gaps between wall sections. The objects from Architecture\farmhouse\ are useful, because they fit in as basic building blocks, as well as the Skingrad Castle brick object.

Yes, you can place a one-sided wall, e.g. the sidewalk Subplane object, which is just a flat square. Then, once it is placed in the position you want it, you can rotate it around 180 degrees so it covers the other side of it as well. Once that's been placed, you may want to place a few 'filler' objects to cover the gaps between wall sections. The objects from Architecture\farmhouse\ are useful, because they fit in as basic building blocks, as well as the Skingrad Castle brick object.

Thanks for the info.

But how do I duplicate?? Is there a method to this?

Instead of placing two objects facing outwards, side by side, i.e. two flat squares, how can I do it so I just place one of them down, then click a (is it a duplicate button?) to rotate the other object 180 degrees?

IS there such a thing as a duplicate button/command or will I have to place both wood squares down manually?

Select the object. Press ctrl-c. Press ctrl-shift-v to replicate it in the exact same spot.

Sorry, I've gotten those commands so jammed in my head I took them for granted.

Select the object. Press ctrl-c. Press ctrl-shift-v to replicate it in the exact same spot.

Sorry, I've gotten those commands so jammed in my head I took them for granted.

Thank you once more :) very useful command I will probably end up using it quite a bit. Again, thanks.