2 Questions.

F4OST

Ok. first of all. im new. ok.

1. Will Oblivion un-patched or Failed Patched run Mods?

2. I Got Problems Patching

Ok . i reinstalled Oblivion. to D:/Games/Oblivion. and now. i run the V.1.1 patch. then. i saw it Failed patching on the part of OblivionLauncher. this what it sayed.

"Old File Cannot Find" thats all i kno.

and now. i tryed bypassing it. and patched the latest Ver. but it failed like 1.1 but it sayed its the latest version

So. i was wondering. if i can Run mods with Failed Patches?

1. No. its a Original Oblivion with NO patches/mods installed. Clean Oblivion.

2. it fails at the Oblivionlauncher at the v.1.1 patch. i think its comparing it.

1. Un-patched Oblivion will not run 95% of the mods.

2. Your Oblivion is already patched, most probably to 1.2.416, try to download and install it instead. If that doesn't work, your game is already patched.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

Don't forget to if you own Shivering Isles you need "Shivering Isles patch 1.2.416", and NOT "Oblivion patch 1.2.416"

Do not use the older v1.1 patch as all of it's contents are in the newer v1.2.0214 patch.

Do not use a patch from any torrent site - the Official Beth patch is FREE at their site: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

Scroll down to find the Oblivion only patch

Be sure you have the right language version patch - there are 2 English versions of the Oblivion only patch UK & US. But only one English version of the Shivering Isles patch for both UK & US versions.

If you have Oblivion only, use the Oblivion only patch. If you have Shivering Isles use the Shivering Isles patch only - and do not use the Oblivion only patch.

If you have the D2D version you must go their site for their 'special' patches. Also many mods will not work with the D2D as it will not work with OBSE.

If you have used the oblivion 1.2.0214 patch , the Shivering Isles 1.2.0214 patch will fail. in this case you must reinstall and only use the Shivering Isles patch.

If you have a Pirate version it's probably not going to work. sorry about your luck.