I badly need help-very major problem, slowly getting worse.

Vindekarr

this is the follow on from my previous post. Simple fact is I need some help getting oblivion to run at all, I have no idea what is wrong with it, this has me well out of my depth, but it was running fine till this morning when I installed OOO 1.3.2 at which point it started crashing, the crashes continued after I uninstalled OOO and now after reinstalling the game completely it wont even start, tech specs are: vista x64, game base version unkown, localised australian copy, presumably from the age of the game its the first patch version, I again have no idea whats wrong but it wont even run, the moment I try and start it instant crash, just like a CTD, but from the opening credits/legal, the incons for the BSAs Ive noticed are very different, it looks like the "unrecognised file type" vista icon rather than the usual oblivion icon, thats about all the info I have-I really love this game, its one of my all time favorite and I dont want to have to throw it away just because of a faulty mod, any help you can give would be apreciated.

See other thread.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=211425

Glitchrage never helped anyone. Please stop making posts and threads to bad-mouth a mod when the evidence clearly suggests something else is at fault.

It is suggested at this point that you completely uninstall Oblivion, delete your data folder, delete your save games, reboot, clean your registry, and then reinstall Oblivion, patch to the latest, and begin taking more care with what and how you install.

Edited by Vagrant0