Hello!

I'm just going to start 2 new games with different set of mods (Sapphos Daughter's and one more vanilla) who would otherwise clash with each other.

Is there an easy way to merge several mods (both dazip and override) into one?

That would make it much easier to change from one set to another.

Best Regards

Edited by halivagga

short answer: depends.

You havent listed the mods that you are wanting to move together, other than sapphos (which is a pretty EXTENSIVE) mod.

Most likely you are not looking at something easy.

More information is required tho, before a definitive answer can be given.

However, be aware that if the conflicts in the mods is a common file, then that file has to be re-written in the toolset, with both mods in it's scripts. Not always an easy task.

I was perhaps not clear enough.

There are mods in one game (ie Saphhos Daughter) that conflict with another mods in the vanilla game (ie dialoughe tweaks, romancing).

What I want is to make it easier to load and unload the mods with just one override-file for each game when switching between the games.

Thats why I want to merge mods together. Is this possible to do?

Is it possible? Yes.

Incredibly tedious, painstaking, hand-work... but possible.

1. Go through the entire mod in question, Sappho's Daughters, (two "p's", one "h") and identify every filename.

(Don't forget that you'll have to unpack any .erf files to see what they contain.)

2. Do the same for each of the other mods you want to use and determine which fiie(names) are duplicates.

3. Determine which version of each duplicated file you want to use.

4. Finally, build a new mod that is the collection of the files you want to use from each of the mods; SD, or the "others".

Simple, but more work then it's worth for most. :geek:

[NOTE: You seem to be using the term "vanilla" in a way I don't understand. To me, "vanilla" means "the original game." There's no such thing as a "vanilla mod"]

It looks that I'm not clear enough.

1. I start a new Sapphos Daughters game and use the mods that Sapphos Daughters (excuse me for the typo) require. I save this game.

2. I unistall the mods that would collide with mods in the second game, wrongly (if you are priggish) named Vanilla.

3. I install the mods that is required to play the "Vanilla" game.

4. I start a new "Vanilla" game. I save this game.

5. I want to switch back to play the Sapphos Daughters game.

6. I now need to do the uninstall - install mods process again.

7. Now I can load the save from Sapphos Daughters.

It would be much easier for me to just uninstall - install ONE SEPARATE mod for EACH game when switching.

By the way, English is not my native language and I don't live in a English spoken country.

Best Regards

To do what you're after you must do what I described; analyze both Sappho's Daughters and whatever other mods you want to use, identify every single file(name) that is duplicated between them, and create two new mods that contains the specific files you want for each "type" of game you want to play.

Uninstall the one you don't want and install the one you do each time before you begin playing. Only way. :armscrossed:

(And I don't think anybody but you cares enough to bother trying to make these mods, especially since you haven't even said what the "other" mods are.)

Thandal, thanks for the information!

I think I have an other solution.

1. Backup the override, addins and package folders with no mods installed.

2. Install the mods needed for one of the games and move the altered override, addins and package folders (with folder structures intact) to i.e. Sapphos Daughters folder.

3. Copy back the mod free override, addins and package folders.

4. Install the mods required for the other game and move the folders i same way as 2. to a specific folder for that game.

5. Copy back the mod free override, addins and package folders.

Now I only need to make a batch-file to make necessary folder moves to have the right configuration for every game and run the batch-file before starting DAO.

By the way, is there any other folders that are usually altered when installing a mod?

Best regards.

Thandal, thanks for the information!

I think I have an other solution...

<snip>

While this other solution might work (see below) I'll point out that it isn't "merging" mods at all. :laugh:

<snip>

By the way, is there any other folders that are usually altered when installing a mod?

Depends on the specific mod.

For example, ones packaged and installed as .dazip or .override files aren't placed in your "\override" folder at all.

And remember that the retail disc, EA/Origin, Steam, and all the other installation mechanisms have slightly different folder structures from each other. And that the Ultimate Edition made some more changes from the "base game + individual DLC".

So there's not just one answer to what the paths are. You have to tailor for your own environment.