Oblivion & Windows 7

Swatty123

You could try turning off UAC. This will solve many problems with installing software to your program files folder.

One exception from this is if you are not very good with computers, then UAC can be good to have. :)

Did you install it to Program Files?

try installing it to a different directory...

You could try turning off UAC. This will solve many problems with installing software to your program files folder.

One exception from this is if you are not very good with computers, then UAC can be good to have. :)

The OP said that he followed my install instructions which specifically say to install Oblivion somewhere other than Program Files for Vista and Win7...and if he did, UAC has absolutely nothing to do with his problem.

Swatty123, you mentioned using a no-dvd patch. Have you tried using the original exe and just inserting the game DVD into the drive to rule out a problem with the cracks? If you are having problems with the game, never add anything to the mix that you do not have to. Such as during your re-install, simply start the game immediately after installing without trying to install any patches, mods, etc. The more you "do" to the system, the more you have to troubleshoot.

LHammonds

When I start oblivion, all the advertisements show up, for bethesta etc. After the long text with the license shows up, the screen gets black. (when I skip the ads with "esc" the oblivion loading screen pops up, but freezes, too when the load progress is complete.) The task manager says the program is running properly. My OS is Windows 7 ultimate 32 Bit. Oblivion already worked for my hardware with windows xp.

This discription reminds me of a problem that I had on my previous computer with Oblivion. It was behaving essentially the same as you describe (except that my OS was winXP) and it had worked before it started doing that... I finally diagnosed the problem as my machine running out of memory for the game as I added new mods to it.

I thought the game was just hanging up and would kill it, but one time I was called away from the computer while it was "frozen" and when I got back to it about a half hour later, it had finished loading and was ready to go. I bought another gig of memory (bringing it up to two gigs) for the computer and it was happy after that.