Yet Another Crashing Modded Game

avantesma

Thanks for the referral, bl1xxar. :smile:

I've heard of theat one. It could be an alternative, yes – it seems using it prevents some mod crashes caused by the opening sequence.

However, I'd like to avoid that, if possible. I rather enjoy playing as the Dragonborn! :wink:

Nevertheless, here's an example of what I said about any answer being helpful. Your suggestion gave me an idea! :happy:

I did some reading and it SEEMS most mods can be safely turned on AFTER the initial Helgen sequence. That's particularly helpful 'cause you can save your game to a slot, back it up, install the mod, see if it crashes, save again if it doesn't, back the save file up, rinse, repeat...

Doing this makes it much, much easier to activate the mods one at a time and therefore determine which one(s) is (are) causing the crashes.

I'll also try something else before: I found a post by some guy saying there's a video describing how to use TES5Edit to track and solve most mod conflicts AND (this is crucial) that it should be done by everyone trying to load many mods, as several conflicts are not tested and, therefore, not stated by the mod authors.

I'm looking for the video now.

I'll come back here and post my results once I've tried.

Thanks again!

P.S.: Yep, already turned Helgen Reborn off. :thumbsup:

Edited by avantesma

Ok, looked at your mod list and there is one thing you touched on at the very beginning, the 260 NVidia video card. I tried to play Skyrim on the very same card and unfortunately it did not cut the mustard. It just does not work that well with a heavy mod load. You really need to get a newer card. Sorry if that is too brutal but I have used lots of video cards as I have been a computer tech for 31 years and have seen a bunch in that time. Since money is always a problem since I retired, I hit on the gtx 770 for my main computer and a gtx 660 ti for my small computer and it is getting 60 frames per second as reported with Skyrim performance monitor. Everything else in your computer is fine for Skyrim. I built a second computer for my wife for testing and it revealed a couple of things, first the cpu is a core 2 duo, 4 gigs of ddr 2 5300 ram, a 1 terabyte drive and an MSI gtx 660 ti 2 gig video card.

The computer is a little slow but get this, 57 fps in Skyrim with 196 mods installed. and it is running Windows 8.1 as well. So the inference here has to be the video card is carrying the load. If you pm me I can send you my load order. If you unload your mods and do a clean install and ad the mods one at a time and test after each mod install, you might be able to hit on one mod that is hogging resources but I still think a new video card is in order.