Broken Steel Who Dares Wins Crash

kechlion

Hello all,

I'm just finishing up Broken Steel and trying to get into the vertibird at the end of the Who Dares Wins mission and every single time I get into it I hear sounds but the screen stays black and then it locks up. One time I was able to see the cabin and heard the pilot say his line, and then it froze again.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

ok, the both of you, what kind of PC do you own? if you own a HP or an Intel unit, there is a good possibility the drivers are not being allowed to process the data due to the (d3d9.dll) is incorrectly running graphics. there is a fix if you have this type of PC.

the only things in common are the spot and the machines + the the game.

• 1 month later...

I had this problem too, and there was very little information when I searched. I did fix it though. Try getting the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19122/?

It makes a change to the Fallout.ini file which has something to do with threaded AI and the number of cores in your PC. I have seen it suggested that you make these changes to your .ini file as well as use the d3d9.dll but I have an AMD processor, and the .dll just caused fatal crashes for me. Seriously, try the patch. Not only did it fix this issue in Broken Steel, it fixed a similar issue in The Pitt AND Anchorage for me! It also reduced my game freezing considerably.