What are people's opinions here on Mass Effect 2?

SpellAndShield

That's true, because that's what happened to me. I won't spoil the details but the choices from ME will have an impact on ME2.

I really don't mind being spoilt. So do tell me what happens; don't spare any details. Tell me everything (if you don't mind)...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read around since i last let off so you guys enjoy infiltrator to ? :P (my favorite class in ME love sniping them). And i also miss the mako rides and the elevator scenes, Gaurus and Wrex's convos plus Wrex's mug in the elevator = priceless :thumbsup: .

Ok I'll power phrase and put it in spoilers for those who don't want to know.

If you do every single assignment lets say in paragon, then there will be a huge difference. For example, if you do a assignment known as hostile takeover, where you meet a woman known as Helena Blake, you can tell her to stop her gang and you meet her at Omega where she will be grateful for what you have done. If you decide to let Wrex live, it could have a dramatic impact in ME2 and ME3. As for regaining you spectre status, the only way you can get it back is again paragon, where you save the Council and appoint Anderson into the Council.

Hope that'll clear the air up for you.

If you do every single assignment lets say in paragon, then there will be a huge difference. For example, if you do a assignment known as hostile takeover, where you meet a woman known as Helena Blake, you can tell her to stop her gang and you meet her at Omega where she will be grateful for what you have done. If you decide to let Wrex live, it could have a dramatic impact in ME2 and ME3. As for regaining you spectre status, the only way you can get it back is again paragon, where you save the Council and appoint Anderson into the Council.

Ah, I see. I guess I will eventually have to play Mass Effect....since your ME2 character is default renegade even if you play paragon. Interesting....

OK, I was just watching this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qz3vcosyg

And wow, the Council is a bunch of *censored*ers...wtf?! This is them being grateful for you saving them? They deserved to die....

I used so much omi-gel

And that's another thing I miss! In ME1 you had the option to bypass the hack altogether, and burn some gel on it! Kinda like VATS in FO3. Suck at shooting? Hit the magic button! No such luck in ME2.

And wow, the Council is a bunch of *censored*ers...wtf?! This is them being grateful for you saving them? They deserved to die....

Yeah. They nearly get killed by a Reaper, then deny its existence.

According to DanScott, if you played ME and went the paragon path you can rejoin the spectres at the end of ME2...don't know for sure though.

No need to play full Paragon. Just save the Council and (maybe required, don't know for sure) put Anderson on it. My biotic femshep is mostly Renegade.

I hated the damned Mako. Good riddance. Planet-scanning is a pain, especially with my trackball (be even worse for me with a mouse though) but at least it can be avoided through a cheat mod (or rather "save my poor thumb/wrist" mod :tongue:) . The Mako, not so much.

I used so much omi-gel

And that's another thing I miss! In ME1 you had the option to bypass the hack altogether, and burn some gel on it! Kinda like VATS in FO3. Suck at shooting? Hit the magic button! No such luck in ME2.

Yeah. They nearly get killed by a Reaper, then deny its existence.

According to DanScott, if you played ME and went the paragon path you can rejoin the spectres at the end of ME2...don't know for sure though.

No need to play full Paragon. Just save the Council and (maybe required, don't know for sure) put Anderson on it. My biotic femshep is mostly Renegade.

I hated the damned Mako. Good riddance. Planet-scanning is a pain, especially with my trackball (be even worse for me with a mouse though) but at least it can be avoided through a cheat mod (or rather "save my poor thumb/wrist" mod :tongue:) . The Mako, not so much.

Purely on a technical comparison, ME2 DOES seem a lot smoother than ME...maybe I am just seeing things though. Saving the council...meh. Just for RPG reasons I might have done it...

For some reason, even on maxed out Renegade scores I couldn't get Tali and Legion to reconcile. I still had everyone survive but I had to choose legion. I really don't like that duck waddling quarian. They create the geth, then the geth become sentient and then they try to destroy them. Retarded. I really don't like quarians. But I don't understand how high your score has to be for that?

On another note, anyone going to read this?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Retribution

Looks interesting and from what can be gleaned keeping the Collector base could well be a bad decision... :whistling: