Steam, Direct2Drive, or DVD?

martinthemage

63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you purchase games?

• I use Steam
    • I use Direct2Drive
    • I buy the DVD
    • I buy games online some other way

I primarily use Steam, but I have bought the physical package before. Only once did I use Direct2Drive, and that was for Spore when it was released. But that was before I really used Steam.

I like Steam because at any point I can download the game files. I back them up on an external hard drive and it's done. No physical disk to worry about scratching up or losing, like my Diablo 2, Final Fantasy 7/8 and Emperor: Battle for Dune disks. >_> Sadly, some jerk STABBED my Final Fantasy disks (both 7 and 8) and Battle for Dune...well...things happen to disks when you move. :(

I really don't understand why some people hate on Steam so much. But I like it, and I'm happy with that. :)

*edit* King of page 4, baby! Woo! =D

Edited by lemonfan1

I use DVD at the moment because where I live the internet connection is pretty sad, and can be unreliable at times, so using Steam with any regularity can get frustrating at times, while my DVD drive is tried and true (knock on wood...).

• 1 year later...

I mostly use steam, but I like to have the case as well t build up a collection as it were, for pre-ordering I tend to use Amazon (ie. DVD/CD). However in day to day business or I just get a bit of extra money, I tend to use steam.