Change Follower Distance From Player

Deathneko11

I'm sick of my follower bumping into me! It's especially bad when i'm trying to aim a bow from horseback and my horse gets turned around, messing my carefully aimed shot, because the follower bumps into the horse (expecially if said follower is on a horse as well).

Is there a way to change the distance that a follower stays with you? I want him to not get so close to me.

never mind. I did some digging in tes5edit and found out that I can go to playerpackage for a follower I want to change the follow data for, and edit the minimum and maximum values. problem solved.

• 11 months later...

I'm more than positive you won't see this message because the thread is almost a year old - but could you explain in more detail how to edit a follower's distance in TES5Edit? I am trying to make a sabrecat follower from Tame the Beasts of Skyrim back off a bit (for the exact same reason - nudging me on horseback), and I just can't get any changes I make to translate to any results in-game. I've edited the packages corresponding to the NPC, obviously not the correct entries. I don't see anything about mins and maxes, so I've tried switching a package template to "followandkeepdistance," to no avail. It's a desperate hope, at best, that you'll see this, but I'm out of options, otherwise.

Excerption from my script. Basically you want to find those settings in either the CK or TesVEdit and change them accordingly...

Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionIdealMoveDist", 250.000000)
Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionMinMoveDist", 250.000000)
Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionSmallDelayTime", 0.500000)
Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionSmallWaitTimer", 0.500000)

Wow. Prompt reply! I appreciate the help. I could use a few more pointers though, if you can manage. I'm in TES5Edit right now, and I have both the Non-Player Character tab for Sabrecat and Packages tab within Tame Beasts open. I can't seem to locate any of those lines in either of those sections. I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place altogether, or if I'm just overlooking discrete bits of text. Would those lines/variables be under the actor (sabrecat) itself, or under the packages associated with the actor? I've currently set the packages to refer to the default followandkeepdistance package in the Skyrim.esm, but that doesn't do anything.

Update: I searched through the mod's Nexus page and discovered an update that I hadn't previously installed. It seems to have fixed the attention-whoring of my trusty sabrecat! Thanks a bunch for the help.

Edited by pdp2010

• 1 year later...

Excerption from my script. Basically you want to find those settings in either the CK or TesVEdit and change them accordingly...

Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionIdealMoveDist", 250.000000)

Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionMinMoveDist", 250.000000)

Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionSmallDelayTime", 0.500000)

Game.SetGameSettingFloat("fBumpReactionSmallWaitTimer", 0.500000)

How, and where did you add that?