AntiAliasing vs ScreenShot

BlackerrR

WOW!!

The informations i've got from Albertine's Guide are so valuable!!!

You should READ, people....

Yup!! Thanks to u. Tomlong...

At the end, i choose not to use the HDR lighting...LOL

I still like the Bloom lighting, bcos it makes Oblivion feel a bit "cartoony"...

& finally i can capture image using FRAPS!! Woohoo.. ;P

I can set the in-game options: tree/actor/item/object fade, self/exterior shadows, etc;

all to maximum setting without lag.

But for your info, (maybe) the GPU control panel you talked about is @ the bottom right of your taskbar...right?

Since i'm using ATI, there's the ATI's symbol there...then u can right-click n choose 3D setting from your VGA series...

There, we can set the antialiasing & anisotropic filtering from there...& so, we can set the HDR lighting from game options...

BUT, i chose not to (use HDR)!! Hohohoo...

Yup!! Thanks to u. Tomlong...

At the end, i choose not to use the HDR lighting...LOL

I still like the Bloom lighting, bcos it makes Oblivion feel a bit "cartoony"...

& finally i can capture image using FRAPS!! Woohoo.. ;P

I can set the in-game options: tree/actor/item/object fade, self/exterior shadows, etc;

all to maximum setting without lag.

But for your info, (maybe) the GPU control panel you talked about is @ the bottom right of your taskbar...right?

Since i'm using ATI, there's the ATI's symbol there...then u can right-click n choose 3D setting from your VGA series...

There, we can set the antialiasing & anisotropic filtering from there...& so, we can set the HDR lighting from game options...

BUT, i chose not to (use HDR)!! Hohohoo...

I thought you used nVidia for some reason... I guess I was just confused. I have an ATI as well, and I have used its panel before, haha.

If you are running HDR, you need to for AA on outside of the game; otherwise, your screenshots might be warped. Use your GPU's control panel to set AA. The 8500GT was created when NVIDIA AA support was still dismal, so you use that at your own cost...

Yes, you are right. When set in game, AA runs fine, but if set in nVidia Control Panel, it's killing, so yeah, if anyone is using 8500GT, don't turn AA on in its CP, really, DON'T! So solution is = AA in-game + Fraps outside. But won't this make Oblivion more buggy?

@Tabukuroshi:

Yea, thanks...i downloaded Fraps & it works!!

@Tomlong:

O yea, i'm trying to solve this...bcos in the game-option said that AA can't set together with HDR, so my ultra high resolution still can't be used...

Could u tell me where to find the GPU's control panel?? (Sorry)... ;P

Cos i'm using Windows 7 & i'm NEW to it...

Shoot, I will be knew to Win7 in a few weeks, so I am just as lost as you. You may find a link or something in Albertine's guide. Make a backup if you start trying system tweaks.

The guide is linked here.

If you are running HDR, you need to for AA on outside of the game; otherwise, your screenshots might be warped. Use your GPU's control panel to set AA. The 8500GT was created when NVIDIA AA support was still dismal, so you use that at your own cost...

Yes, you are right. When set in game, AA runs fine, but if set in nVidia Control Panel, it's killing, so yeah, if anyone is using 8500GT, don't turn AA on in its CP, really, DON'T! So solution is = AA in-game + Fraps outside. But won't this make Oblivion more buggy?

My last post had some bad typos in it. My suggestion was to enable AA through the CP. The game's AA is bad. The bug occurs with HDR and AA enabled through the game. You should read the guide I linked if you want to learn more about tweaking settings not isolated to Oblivion (i.e, your GPU.)

Edit: quoted the post where I linked Albertine's guide