PC Specs needed for max...

omgitsns9

I was thinking about hopefully saving up for a new computer. I was wondering what specs I'd need to play Fallout 3, (and other games, but Fallout is the most demanding) on max setting, with as little lag as possible (IF that's even possible). Really, all I need to know is what RAM, Processor, Sound card, and Graphics card I would need for that to be peachy. I was thinking a Geforce GT220 would work, but then I don't know. Oh, and I also need to know if this is possible on a... erm... Laptop... Thanks ahead guys.\

~Ns9

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu295/omgitsns9/B.jpg

Not so much a matter of specs as....

......using Fallout Stutter Remover! :biggrin: I cannot speak highly enough of this mod.

Other than that, the story is pretty much Fallout will lag in specific conditions, period. No amount of horsepower will make it all go away.

I am using Fallout Stutter Remover, as well as Purge Cell Buffers, I know that there will always be lag in some places, but my PC is above the minimum spec required. My graphics card definitely isn't the best... But I should be able to at least walk from Megaton to Tenpenny without it chopping like a logger. Plus I figure that I need a new laptop anyway, its starting to break off pieces near the fan, and its burning out from the inside... I might as well ask you guys what you recommend ^_^;

My specs are this:

------------------------------

Windows Vista x64 bit Home Premium (theres one problem >_>)

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon mobile 3200 graphics card

AMD Turion x2 Processor

The only thing I know about the laptop I want is that I want it to have an 8GB RAM, about 1000GB Hard drive, and be able to handle games on the Very High setting with as little lag as possible. I don't know what graphics card would be good. And yes, Window 7 will be a must >_< Vista is one of my main problems... but yeah, if any of you know of a laptop with that an 8GB RAM, a large hard drive, and if you can recommend one with a good graphics card, or just a graphics card in general, as well as a good processor, I'd be very grateful ^_^

Anything with a decent GPU. The CPUs in most laptops these days will handle Fallout 3 just fine. The real trick's in getting a laptop that doesn't have one of those cursed Intel graphics chips.

For a benchmark, my laptop specs are in my profile It runs Fallout at just somewhat lower settings than my desktop. (though lower resolution, due to the much smaller screen)

Any graphics card equal to or better than this should do. Anything Class 3 or less in their list should not be considered at all.

Also for reference: my laptop was $600 when I bought it.