The 'Bare Bones' of the Skeleton.nif

woofy78

Hey,

I'm totally new at modding. I want to make the male body in Skyrim a bit more authentic and human; with slightly wider hips and slightly less grotesquely wide shoulders etc etc.

What I'm asking is, what programs do I need in order to tinker with the male body, and are there any tutorials available?

Thanks in advance :)

There are already quite a few good male body mods available (i.e http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57952/?). Have a look within Nexus and you may find what you are looking for. However, that being said, if you are keen on doing your own there are several tools you will need Nifscope, BSAOpt (also available on the Nexus) for building skeletons you are going to need a program like blender or 3dsMax. Google around and you will find some very good tutorials on how to use these programs and the process of building characters from scratch. I am also just getting started so can't offer any specific advice at this point but you have come to the right place.

The Skyrim Modding community is very forth coming with advice and technical assistance.