Skyrim Combat?

ImWarpedd

I'm trying to finish modding my game but I'm a bit caught between a rock. I want to know your guy's opinions or classifications on combat mods as i've seen opinions and statements vary. I'm using Skyrim Redone as it's my favorite overhaul, but despite how much I like it, I still feel that it's combat is unbalanced. I've been using deadly combat on and off and it feels cool, but something is still a bit off. What combat mods do you guys use, and if so, why do you use them and what do you think makes them shine? Leave your opinions or recommendations below, i'd love to hear them.

VioLens

Duel - Combat Realism

and perhaps Magic Duel (If you're a magic user...)

Yeah I'm interested in magic, I want all aspects of the game to be fairly balanced, so something for magic too would be awesome. I think i used duel combat realism about a year ago; What do you like about it?

Well I am no expert in Duel ~ Combat Realism, but I have used it once or twice.

From my eyes it seems to make A.I harder, add a new system to Combat (A fairly balanced one.), and even make blocking something that needs to be done (I never block...ever... :laugh: )

I mostly use VioLens, because kill moves are awesome.. :cool:

Also since your a magic user I suppose these could work as well...(I have not tested these)

• Apocalyspe (140 new spells)
  • Midas Magic
  • Thunderchild (29 new shouts)

EDIT: You might need Balanced Magic too...

Well I am no expert in Duel ~ Combat Realism, but I have used it once or twice.

From my eyes it seems to make A.I harder, add a new system to Combat (A fairly balanced one.), and even make blocking something that needs to be done (I never block...ever... :laugh: )

I mostly use VioLens, because kill moves are awesome.. :cool:

Also since your a magic user I suppose these could work as well...(I have not tested these)

• Apocalyspe (140 new spells)
  • Midas Magic
  • Thunderchild (29 new shouts)

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm very familiar with Apocalyspe and I cannot say enough good things about it. Midas magic has never really worked for me though, not sure why. Thunderchild seems like it'd be nice for a dragonborn oriented playthrough so maybe i'll check it out. Do you use any other melee combat mods such as Deadly combat or any others

This is very helpful, i've already begun reading it. Thanks for the link.

I use TK Combat as well, but mostly my mods are graphic enhancers or quest mods. :tongue:

Ooh, I see. I'll look into that one, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't the TK stuff the mods that have the dodging functions and animations and stuff? I've never been too fond of those due to using a keyboard and mouse. In either case, I'm not very good at modding my graphics, I just recently found a combination that looks sub-par and runs well, so I'm happy. As far as quest mods go, any huge ones you'd recommend? I've played wyrms tooth to the fullest and I got half way through Falskaar before my pc crashed. I only have dawnguard right now

for combat duel combat definitely,for magic i just use apocalypse as thats the best magic mod imho (forgotten magic is also worth using/looking at,very nicely made),i also use mighty magics dual casting module and spell scale.