Gorangas real life system

goranga

You're doing a really awesome job Goranga, keep it up! :)

I don't know if you found these or not, but Robert made a head mesh for younger looking faces, perhaps you could use them to make more childish looking npcs?

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8744

Resources have been downloaded :)

I will see how can I put this to a good use after I finish scripting.

Thanks,

Goranga

I am over joyed to learn that you are modding again!

If you are still having difficulties with the childrens bodies as they age maybe the setbody mod can help, it may be possible to use that to change the childs body type at the appropriate quest stage during the aging process.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am over joyed to learn that you are modding again!

If you are still having difficulties with the childrens bodies as they age maybe the setbody mod can help, it may be possible to use that to change the childs body type at the appropriate quest stage during the aging process.

Re-scaled NPCs look exactly like children in the game ...I thought only changing texture of the skin to look smoother.

Re-scaling NPCs make them smaller and it's easy to make them "grow up" by script. They actualy look like children in the game. The main point is this: modders make children to make them stay that way (small and look like kids) and I want them to grow up. If I use something (meshes and textures) to make kids look like real kids, I need to make 30 NPCs for 6 kids. Not to mention that code would be too complex to simulate growing up, because I would need to replace one NPC with another each time they grow up a bit. If I want to make kids for every race, say 30 kids, I need 150 NPC that represent different growing stages of those kids. With re-scaling NPCs I don't have those problems and growing up is simple and easy to script. I must sacrifice aesthetics for functionality.

I'm rewriting code of what I've done so far at the moment. When I get to aesthetics, I will see what's the best thing to do with children's look.

may i just say, for the whole children aesthetics thing all that needs to be done is for the head size to be increased, the body structure itself does not need to be modified at all because it can be done via clothes considering something like 99% of the clothes on tesnexus are made to overwrite the mesh anyways, the only thing would be that they would have to use the same skin texture as im sure you already know, i mean its not like your going to strip down your kids is it?

may i just say, for the whole children aesthetics thing all that needs to be done is for the head size to be increased, the body structure itself does not need to be modified at all because it can be done via clothes considering something like 99% of the clothes on tesnexus are made to overwrite the mesh anyways, the only thing would be that they would have to use the same skin texture as im sure you already know, i mean its not like your going to strip down your kids is it?

Exactly....That's the only reasonable solution for this. The downside is variety of clothing. I can't track down and borrow that much resources. I don't know about head mesh though.

I want to see if there is any difference and is it worth to do it.

At this moment, kids that I made look good enough and have one simple script attached for everything they suppose to do. I will upload some pics of those kids later...

This is definitely something I'm going to keep tabs on. I never bothered to download Sexlivion based on the description because it was nothing more than a mini-game with animations. This however actually sounds like it will be totally based on immersion and realism.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the finished product!

I rewriten the whole code for prostitution and marriage system by now.

Prostitution system - 100% (the code clean, stable and bug-free)

Marriage system - 100% (clean, stable and bug -free)

I'm working on dating system now. Although the simulation I've already made was good, I want to make things even more real. I'm rewriting the whole code again with new additions.

Dating system will now have two variables. Male's courage to move things forward and female perception of him. Player (male) will be able to see this variable and will be able to train himself to be more emotionaly stable. This will determine what moves he will be able to pull out, regardless of what girl thinks of him (call her out, touching, kissing, sex...).

Also, dating for females will be harder for female players too, because male will not be able to pull some moves (no courage). Girls will still have more control over dating than male players.

For male players I left some props if things get too difficult (wine). Other details later....

I have something in my life comming up that will slow down my modding. But after that (mid September), Tefnacht will join me again and we will work some more on the sex system. Should be very cool and interesting....

Until later time,

Goranga

i just think you should put some risks to prostitution system like diseases and stuff and add purchasable condoms to prevent them it would be more realistic and will like hold the players a little to hire a prostitute every night hehe it would add more immersion :thumbsup:

i just think you should put some risks to prostitution system like diseases and stuff and add purchasable condoms to prevent them it would be more realistic and will like hold the players a little to hire a prostitute every night hehe it would add more immersion :thumbsup:

I've already made prostitution mod with diseases (Goranga prostitution system). I am not making Sexlivion to have condoms inside :). No funny features in this mod.

I needed to hurry up while I sill have some free time. Dating system is almost rewriten. What's new is that conversation and reactions of actors will have some emotional impact. That will prevent things going too fast, because actors will not feel like he wants to do certain things to move relationship forward (player included). Only male actors will have those feelings, because they suppose to make moves toward sex or marriage. Everyone will be given certain base state (or emotional stability) at the beginning and it will be random just like in the real world - some people will feel more confident than other. After that, this feeling can be changed during dating and interaction with other "people". Generaly speaking, good responces and reactions from people lead to better feelings and actor will be more free to move relationship forward.

When actor (can be player) tries to do something, reaction of his date will be reported to him. That reaction will include what that actor thinks of him at the moment and his mental state (emotions etc). Sometimes if actor feels bad he will not be able to do certain things. I think that this new variable added greatly to the gameplay. Now you need to date someone more days. Some people will be so "shy" that they will be difficult to date at all (they will not do what they suppose to do to move things forward). I think that I moved things closer to real with this. If girl (female player), for example, wants sex that night, she needs to find someone who is able to move things quickly and who those actors are, will be known through a lots of dating (dating different guys).

I need to develop some concepts for kids. I know they will grow up, learn things, have birthday, receive gifts, been taken care of, have an AI for spending time at home and be companions when they grow up enough. Some of those are rather vague concepts and need further developement.

I will make a little break until 16-th of September. I have something going on. After that, Tefnacht will finish obligations in his life and re-join me on this project.

Release date of the mod will be moved to October.

I finally finished the dating system, which is very complex. I needed to clean code for all systems to be able to understand what's going on. I really wanted to make something close to the real thing (I mean, what is possible with Oblivion game engine). Adding feelings to actors really made the difference. Now there are more outcomes to dating because it depends on actor's mood at that time how will they respond to things. Dating will be possible with any actor and at any location (the same thing is true for all systems I made).

The most important thing is that all systems are stable, bug-free and that most of the work is already done. I cleaned the code to be able to update this file later (I reduced the number of variables to minimum). Even the sex system is stable and bug-free. Sex systems are known to fall appart under complexity and messy scripting. All sex systems I know of (and I know all of them) are like that (ones that can be applied to any NPC).

I don't think that kids will be much of headache. The dating system was the worst and most time consuming.

I have some ideas for expanding prostitution and I will add that later. I think that new animations will be added to the sex system and it will be scripted in more ellegant and clean way - OBSE 18 offered that option with dynamic calling of user made functions (Tefnacht's idea). I also thought adding some other animated things into the mod (not whole systems but rather some cool features). I will talk with Tefnacht about that when he is free from his obligations at work.

Not much left to do now....