Gorangas real life system

goranga

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea, you could name it ObliviSims(just kiddin), if you didnt already make a name.

anyways, enough o' those jokes, this could turn out to be a great mod, and it certainly would open up for alot more of roleplaying possibilities.

this sounds awesome I am just wondering if anyone can pull it off it seems like the kind of thing even fable wich was a big budget game couldn't pull off. if you can do this you are a god among men.

lol xD. The game engine has it's limits, that's for sure, but it's very strong. I haven't seen other game engines (I must admit), but this Oblivion game engine strikes me as one of the strongest out there. You can simulate pretty much everything you want.

I'm not very much into making games. I like to make models and simulations of the real word activities. Model is your idea how things work into the real world. Using that model, you can use game engine to simulate that by using game engine tools and variables. I usually make small "experimental" scripts to check if things work as expected.

For example, you can't simulate full conversation and dating between actors, but you can get close enough with some repetitive dialogues that look like real conversation. Also dialogues and reactions to them can determine other variables involved...Like feelings and how that actor perceive you. Those feelings and perception will determine what will that person agree to do at that time. That's close enough to the real thing to me (I mean good simulation)...But that's not all...

When you finish with your date for that day, how is he/she going to remember you tomorrow and what you did last night (where you stoped)? That's handled with other tools in the engine.

The only real problem is amount of time that goes into developing this...I like modding, but sometimes you ask yourself: what the hell are you doing? You can't let this thing go when you want to do something else (that's called addiction by the way :)).

well i cant believe that you are ACTUALLY doing it.. if you see what i mean

I don't see what you mean :)

Doing what? Making this mod?!? It will be published very soon... That's a promise ;) (October)

The purpose of this thread is for me to say at what stage the project is, what am I working on now, what the mod is about (so that someone can figure out whether to download it or not) and release date.

I like to explain what systems and features of the mod will be like and what to expect.

Extra things that I add is what I was thought about when I made this stuff. I explaned every concept that I put into this mod.

If someone likes mods with lines: "Hey baby wanna have some sex" or the mod with collecting sperm samples, I can point him/her where to find them ;)

what i meant is, they used to have great project out there, but most of them just died. There was some great mods that died.. my point being is that you told us what you are doing and you are here ACTUALLY doing it and giving us feedback and even giving us a release date.

Surely your a credit to the modding society!

...I finished scripts for kids and everything works perfectly. Kids grow up and have birthdays. I uploaded 2 pictures from my testings:

Those are two kids: Christina 5 years and Hector 15 years old Kids

This is info for you that one of your kids has birthday (Christina is now 9 years old) Birthday

I will not do any modding until 16-th, but I will brainstorm some gameplay with those kids. Kids will grow up in 5 stages and do different things (player's interaction with them will be different from stage to stage). I will try to explain this....

1. stage (5 years old)

In this stage player will mostly feed kids by giving them food. They will have AI for spendig their time at home.

2. stage (9 years old)

In this stage they will start to learn things (skills etc). Also, player will have to feed them and take care of them.

3. stage (15 years old)

In this stage...I have no idea!!!

4. stage (18 years old)

Have no idea...Meet some female neighbours (if male)???

5. stage (grown up)

Here they will not be kids anymore. They can be player's companions here helping him in adventures, gathering ingredients etc

There are several problems...Until 5-th stage kids can't mount on objects (like chairs, beds)...Actualy they can but their offset is not right. Second problem is there is limited number of those kids and at one point they will not be kids anymore. Maybe someone would like to have small kids around all the time, so I figured out to put some "disable kid" option that will allow for that kid to be born again. Other solution would be to make kids mortal (I don't feel good about this one). The third thing is that I can't enable changing clothes and accessing their inventory. For example, you will be able to give your spouse 4 types of clothes: casual, armor and weapons, pajamas and swimsuit which he/she will be able to dress whenever you want, but I can't allow this for kids (the reason is obvious).

While I have this little pause from modding I will take any suggestions about gameplay. If anyone has any idea what those kids could do and how player can interact with them in those stages, he/she can share that here with us :). I will take any suggestions or requests that you might have and consider if I can put that into the mod. I don't have such strong oppinions about this as I have about other things in the mod, so feel free to experss any thoughts about this mater that you might have :)

Are you going to add new animations? Is there going to be new models for pregnancy.

Are there flavor text for pregnant female PC's? E.G cravings, morning sickness etc.

Otherwise love your other mods and I'm looking forward to this one.

Are you going to add new animations? Is there going to be new models for pregnancy.

Are there flavor text for pregnant female PC's? E.G cravings, morning sickness etc.

Otherwise love your other mods and I'm looking forward to this one.

In this mod, everything is new. Not only that animations will be new, but the sex system will be new also (not the one used in GDS).

For pregnancy, I will use Russader's "pregnant dress". I'm not aware of better resource at this time. If someone knows, please tell me :). I added weakness to everything when female player is pregnant, so player don't decide easily to go on quests. Sex will be disabled for female player during this time of pregnancy. Also, when female suppose to deliver the kid, there should be some people around her to be able to send someone for a doctor (the reason more not to go on quests while pregnant). I added pregnancy abortion for female player. That can happen naturaly, if she don't find the doctor in time or doctor himself can do it for a price. I didn't put any sickness, but I can add that too.

If someone play male player he will be able to go around and make kids with any female that allow him - in or outside marriage (he must take care of those kids later though).

I uploaded two pictures of kids in my previous post. I think they look good enough for this purpose...