Gorangas real life system

goranga

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pregnancy and kids system - 80%

I based almost all gameplay related to kids to the idea that survival in medieval era was difficult and that mortality rate was high. People in those times lived only 20 - 30 years because of illness, starvation and bad hygiene.

Kids will be mortal in this game and if anything happens to any of them, they will be disabled because of your poor care for them. Kids will need:

- Food - you need to feed your kids for them to survive to final stage (stage 5 - grown up). This has to do with kid's survival. Kid will be disabled if he/she is starved to death and player will receive message that he/she didn't take enough care for the kid.

- Bath - you need to take them for swimming to take a bath. This has to do with your relationship with the kid and illness that kid can contract. If your relationship with kid become very bad, he/she might decide to go away from home.

- Illness - player need to find something to cure the disease (I'm working on this)

- Relationship with kid - building relationship with kid (mostly presents to a kid etc.)

Kids have AI in place. You need to show them their home first and then run this AI. They will spend their time playing around (sometime with retorts - I couldn't find any AI with real toys).

For now, I made only kids that belong to an imperial race (6 of them). I will expand this to other races as well, so if the father is an argonian, for example, the kid will be argonian too (I will make a system how the kid will be picked, I mean what race).

Two variables will be at stake here: their survival and your relationship with them...

In my next posts I will describe what will each system do. From this point on, I will go even more fancy with some features (but still keep stability of the mod).

This sounds awesome :).

One question: If I am not using a hunger mod or whatever, does the kid still have to eat? :P

...Oh. Hunger might be included in this? :teehee:

Nothing will be needed. I'm making this mod independent of other mods and compatible with everything.

This is description of kids and pregnancy:

If you are female player, you will get pregnant in the sex system. If you are male player some woman in the game world will get pregnant. Pregnant woman has weakness to everything. I decided that duration of pregnancy is 7 days. This can happen inside or outside marriage.

If you are female player, you need to find a doctor to deliver your baby. I made system that will randomly deliver one of 6 kids (later I will add races as well). In that time, they didn't have clean instruments and there was no medicine, so many women delivered dead-born child. I simulated that too. In my testings, you can have 2 kids without problems. Every next child could be a dead-born. It's difficult to take care of them anyway....

I wanted to contextualize things a bit. It was very hard to survive in those days. Today we have factories to make tons of food, we have medicine and we can live 70-80 years in average. But in those days...They lived 20-30 years, because they didn't know anything about anything.

When kid is born, you will show him/her where is the home and that's the place where he/she will spend most of the time. You need to feed them. All kinds of food are included apples, sweetrolls, sweetcake...You can find those around. I made warrning system for kids that will inform the player if kid is very hungry. That info is displayed with the name of the kid and number of days left before kids is disabled (because of starvation).

Because of poor hygiene, kids can contract diseases (plague before all other). Kids will need to take a bath and player will take them to lake from time to time. Kids can also contract diseases because of weather conditions (raining and snowing) or when swimming when raining/snowing. I made 4 diseases and some of them are lethal (plague and tuberculosis) and others are not (common cold and flu). During time of sickness kids will not be able to move (paralized). If kid has contracted, say plague, there is short time left to inject the cure before death. The cure can be made or purchased. It's injected in special way (O hotkey). When the cure is injected, the kid will get up cured.

Kids have birthday and grow up. Player is notified about this event so he/she can buy present for the kid :). After 30 gamedays, kids grow up a bit. There are 5 stages like this. In 5-th stage they are grown up NPCs. I thought about finding some job for them when they grow up, so they can bring some money home. That's fair, because you took care of them. I already have an idea how to pull this one out...They will not be companions (there are a lots of reasons for this).

All kids are non-essential and you need to protect them. If something happens to a kid, he/she will be disabled. I must say that I needed something so kids can be disabled, because there are limited number of them. This medieval concept of survival gave me perfect grounds to acomplish that.

None of external mods will be neccessary. I made this to be applicable on anyone, anywhere in the game world and compatible with everything. The only room I used is testing basement (not used in the game) to place my characters like kids, the preast and the doctor.

All kinds of problems appeared with those kids...They can't swim or mount on objects (like beds, chairs etc). For that reason I needed to make two separate AI's: one for kids at stage bellow 5 and one for kids at stage 5 (grown up kids - normal NPCs). For swimming I needed to pull some tricks how to get them out of water (they get drowned if they stay there). It's in-appropriate to change clothes to those kids, so I didn't enabled that option.

About other systems...I don't want to put anything else yet. There is a lots of work with those that I already made. The problem is that I always have some new ideas and I can't stop adding things. Please someone to tell me how to stop this modding thing. I'm sick of it.

I want to thank some people here. This huge and complex file is almost finished and that would never happen without some people. First of all, there is this guy Tefnacht. I remembered that I couldn't find an animator for the file and needed to move to another city. I didn't have any time for this thing and I didn't feel like I want to do it. At that time Tefnacht contacted me offering his help with animations. He worked alone on the sex system for several weeks. I only explaned him what the sex system I imagined should look like. When he sent me his demo, the guy just blown me away. His scripts were so ellegant and the system so stable like nothing I saw before. He really inspired me to finish this thing.

I also want to thank all people here on forum that supported this work with their comments. I'm really making this for you guys. I don't play Oblivion. I do it only when testing things out (I hate that too). I find pleasure only in creating this.

This work is almost finished now. I need to finish kids. After that do some serious beta testing and debugging. Those systems are so complex and have so many possible outcomes that I'm afraid that some bug can slip un-noticed.

epicepicepicepicepciepicawesomeepicawesomeawesome

hm...

but surely you don't get impregnated EVERY time?

that could be a pain in the ass

epicepicepicepicepciepicawesomeepicawesomeawesome

hm...

but surely you don't get impregnated EVERY time?

that could be a pain in the ass

...I've explained that and I will do it again:

1. In the sex system, poses are picked manualy or automaticaly. There is the button (or hotkey) for ending sexual intercourse. If current pose don't allow pregnancy (like BJ), there will not be pregnancy. If the pose allow pregnancy (like missionary, doggy etc), there will be a chance for pregnancy (70-80%). This is under full control of player. He/she can decide whether to get pregnant or not.

2. If pregnancy is unwanted from any reason, player can decide to abort pregnancy when the doctor character appears to deliver the baby (only if female player).

3. There is a chance of dead-born kid (only if female player)

It's all up to player...

I personaly don't recomend having more than two kids.

Interesting idea. I probably won't keep it as a permanent part of my modlist but I am very much looking forward to the finished mod! :thumbsup:

If you are under 18, you can't download this!

If you feel uncomfortable with sex parts of this mod, I don't recomend download also. :)

I will make full description of this mod's systems and features and if you don't get concepts behind them (I mean story), I don't recomend download.

I recomend this mod to those people that understand what this mod is about and can appreciate it.

I meet all the requirements, but I use a lot of mods and as your mod sounds like it affects a fairly large part of the game [many NPCs], I reasoned that I would probably not keep it active all the time. Regardless, I have to test it if only to see if one modder on his/her spare time can do a better job approximating pregnancy than the entirety of Lionhead's staff when they made Fable 2. In any event, I wish you and any people helping you, the best of luck. :D

I meet all the requirements, but I use a lot of mods and as your mod sounds like it affects a fairly large part of the game [many NPCs], I reasoned that I would probably not keep it active all the time. Regardless, I have to test it if only to see if one modder on his/her spare time can do a better job approximating pregnancy than the entirety of Lionhead's staff when they made Fable 2. In any event, I wish you and any people helping you, the best of luck. :D

I don't get what you mean by - my mod affects a lots of NPCs ???!? My mod doesn't affect any NPC. I didn't change NPCs in any way possible. I said that systems in this mod are applicable to all NPCs, meaning that you can, for example, date any person in the game world (NPC). For example, if you are female and you find that Azzan dude attractive, you can date him. The thing is that in the game world, you can find characters that could be attractive in real world standards because of their social status, looks, wealth, leadership role or whatever.

Secondly, this is not about pregnancy at all. It's just there as one of systems. This mod is about relationships with other NPCs - like dating them. If I could void pregnancy and kids I would do it. It's just that I've had requests for those and I created some gameplay around it.

Thirdly, this mod has some ideas about some things that I wanted to put inside. I've had requests to put giving gifts to a girl while dating her. What's that about? In the real world they will just tell you thanks and then goodbye for that s***. I tried to approximate real life interactions when it comes to dating and other things. I don't give a f*** about pregnancy and approximating it.

I don't know what Fable2 is and what stuff made it, but it's forbidden to test this particular mod (wish of the author) ;). If you understand and agree with those ideas that I'm trying to put inside this mod, then use it. If not, don't even download it!!! :)