The Mine

pleny10

The Mine was a project that I abandoned long time ago.Then I neede someone to creat a queast but I didint found one.Well this mod is about only mine operational in Washington.Well my vision was to creat a mine where poeple are workers that are trying to find a military base.When I was creating there were mine entrance, mining offices,mine control room, mining town entrance, and the mining town (that what I created).Next what I would start to creat is the mine it should be a big large room with lots of rocks(if you will be intrested you can add and remove what you want but give me some creds for the idea).So now for the quest part.I wanted to do this:

When you arrive in mine entrance you see a vault door but it isnt functioning so there is a secret way in.So when you get in there a person comes and interogates you then you are brought to the chief of mining here should be some bla bla bla and the quest begins.So he says if you want to go further to the mine you will need these things: Battery, a cooler and a conductor when you get them you bring them to the chief then he says to go to mines control room and but battery in to the mining laser coller to the generator and conductor to the door switch.Then he says if you want to begin you will press the buttons and ayou hear a sound and you go to the mine town entrance and you see elavator doorand you go down here there should be rails with 1-2 wagons and a brige or a wall when you come closer they shout hold and they interogate you then you go to town mayor and there should be some bla bla bla then he says the chief traped us to work for freedom then (then there should be rock fallind sound) and you are traped there aswell. I didint thought further becouse I didint find a quest maker or a scripter.Well if you need me just PM me or write here.

Yes

Okay, this is for a fairly new modding project called Project NYC. We are just starting up. The Mod takes place in (lmao guess it) New York City. Here is a basic outline of the quest, I've not given much thought as to what it would look like. The person giving the quest is a former slave and now leader of the Refugees Militia.

There is a wilderness copper mine where the slaves are being treated extremely badly (Its depicted really badly, slaves in Fallout aren't really treated as bad as they should_. No military action can be taken, because all the slaves have a deathcollar around their necks, which will explode if anyone walks away from the mine, and can be remotely activated and deactivated from a heavily guarded security station. You have to be sold into slavery and break the mine down from the inside. Once that is accomplished, the slaves will think of you as you're new master, and will do what you say. They've known no other life other than the one they've lived, and you become the defacto mayor of them. You can't manage the mine yourself, and have to give it to a faction; giving it to the NYF makes the slaves only a little better off then they where, giving to the LRA makes them live fairly, but not too well off, and giving the mine to the Refugees Militia will make the miners live really good. You can bargain away and get a percentage of the profits, and a huge discount on copper.

That sounds like the Pitt too! Maybe I'm just generalizing these plots too much, though. At least the 'become a slave' part sounds like it.

I'd try that, but Fallout 3 modding didn't work out for me too much. Never came up with any ideas.

When I was writing it, I definitely was like GAH this sounds like The Pitt, how can it be changed to be a shorter quest, and be a lot more original (Besides ripping off running man kinda with the death collars that explode you're head if you go outside of somewhere you aren't supposed to be) Ooooh that gives me the ending, you put a death collar on the owner of the mine and force him to walk out, and see his head blow up like in VATS. I've not had many more ideas about it, as we're taking a modding break for a day. Its kind of a cover of The Pitt, not a tribute.

That sounds like the Pitt too! Maybe I'm just generalizing these plots too much, though. At least the 'become a slave' part sounds like it.

I'd try that, but Fallout 3 modding didn't work out for me too much. Never came up with any ideas.

Well I got something new for the slave part.If we change slaves to workers then I got an idea.If you read the mission thing let me delete slave words to workers .We ended at "(some rocks fell and you cannot escape)"(I mea that you accidetally traped not by the slavers)we start from here.ok from here you( as character)dont know thet this mine is diging to a military base.Workers know that but you dont and you get suspicous about the mine but you cant exit till you mine to the end.So maybe this would be more original?

You could change the mechanics around some. Suppose that instead of becoming a slave, the owners notice that you have some talent in guns. They can take you on as a bodyguard. Protect the slaves from super mutants, radscorpions, etc.

Then again, protecting helpless NPC's is one of the most irritating things I've ever done in a game.