Destructible Lights?

Alehazar

Is there a mod that allows the player to shoot out lights, or smash them with a melee weapon if the lights are within reach of such a weapon?

Apart from meshes and textures that would allow such annihilation, there'd have to be sounds of glass breaking and the area that is affected to be plunged into darkness. Whereas lights in the same area that are still operational should still illuminate some kind of space until they too get obliterated. Then of course all the creatures within the darkened areas should respond accordingly, that they can no longer see so well.

It's a lot to ask for, but I think it'd be great to use as a tactic when confronted by more powerful, or numerous enemies. It also seems great for immersion purposes.

Anyone?

Kind regards,

Alehazar

Haha ghouls see better in darkness...

Would be cool, having some enemies see better in the dark

It's always nice to have drawbacks -i.e. advantages for enemies- as well. It would mean, you'd have to play more tactically, deciding when it would do more harm than good and vice versa. And just suppose that ghouls would be able to learn this tactic of killing lights. Then they could turn the tables on the player.

But is it feasible?

Alehazar

Nothing is impossible, only mathematically improbable... lmao I'm pretty sure it could be done, my GECK is not working at the moment, sorry. You'd probably have to change stats on certain creatures by day/night they are weaker/stronger, and that I think about it, why didn't they do that in the first place? If they allow you the perk "Night Person", surely they should make gaming experiences different between night and day, having to watch out for savage nighttime beasts that otherwise would stay indoors during the day, added duration with flashbangs for creatures sensitive to light. Ideas-flowing-though-head-at-lightning-speed-if-only-I-could-reach-my-utility-belt

Perhaps you should ask this in Destruction V6-1 - A Destroyable Environments Mod by SP

I'm sure the author would add this, if possible.

EDIT:

** Lights and Doors have been disabled in this release, I PLAN to add this back in with 6.2 **

Yeah, I came across this one, but it contains a Master file and you the load order is paramount to get it to work properly -which means you need FOMM. And I don't use that. So practically any mod that uses a Master file, I don't use.

But thanks for the tip. It's nice to see that people are taking time and effort to offer feedback and tips like these. It is definitely appreciated -no doubt about that.

Thanks again,

Alehazar

Ok, you don't need to install anything with FOMM.

But after installation you can use it to sort the load order.

I dont fear FOMM, it works very well for me.

If you want to have more content with destroed lights, it is better to make a new mod.

This means for enemies, which see better or worse in darkness and not only the destruction of the lights with only effect for the player.

I like the idea and hope, somebody will do it.

Perhaps some human enemies can use night vision and dont care the broken ligths but are blended if you switch the ligth on :-)

Blend Grenates would be another suggestion for lighteffects on the AI.