30 day Dungeon Contest

Ranokoa

Ya, but they generally have fixes. Anyways, what I'm doing is primarily fort, but it will be much more.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Target date for submission of completed and play-tested mods for the 10 Dungeons in 10 Days project is July 14th.

So the 30 Day Dungeon Contest will begin after that.

Sometimes when I am trying to move a large piece of a dungeon in snap-to-grid, it won't line up right until I de-select the lights and sound-speakers. Sometimes I have to deselect doors. I think some pieces of clutter can mess you up too. Sometimes I just manually place it as close as I can get it in 0.01 movement so the clutter will be in approximately the right spot, and then turn on snap-to-grid to move each and every architectural tile one by one to exactly where they all need to go. Often the clutter is close enough to where it belongs that I don't need to touch it.

My entry in the 30 Day Dungeon Contest will be an Oblivion gate worldspace with towers and caves. In the past, I have made three custom Oblivion gate worldspaces, but the scripting and parenting in the final room with the sigil stone always tears me up. Maybe this time I will finally get it working perfectly.

The possibility has been mentioned of merging the results of the 30 Day Dungeon Contest. Compatibility patches with popular mods may also be needed. I would be willing to work on this if it is decided that we will go this route.

That is a good question about Shivering Isles mod dependencies. At this point, practically everyone has it, and if a bunch of modders are all spending thirty days making mods, somebody is going to slip and add some Shivering Isles content.

Is Shivering Isles content allowed?

Of course, I just meant no outside dependencies on other people's mods, like Fcom, OOO, what ever have you. Personally I always avoid using Shivering Isles content... There is no reason why I avoid it I just do. But anyways.

For those with a life: Yes, you can start right now, HOWEVER, you are not allowed to spend more than 30 days on it total! So if you have the 30 day mark at day 24 you stop right then and there. This should make it fair for both the people starting at the mark and before that can't have the full 30 days.

Does anyone know of any 'shadow-beast' type resources? The one I'm using for the dungeon now is the one in the Dwarf Fortress mod from Mr_Siika, but I need some variety.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/Shdw.jpg?t=1278710270

There other beasties like this?

I'm sure if you ask a modeler they would happily take on the task of simply replacing vanilla beasts with that texture.