30 day Dungeon Contest

Ranokoa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i know that. It really makes me mad they have it in the game but didn't use it. I was talking about the actual thing from the mod with the enchantment thing. Also, are we allowed to start yet, and how do you make an npc a ghost? please tell me the ghost thing, I would like to know for the dungeon. I've already drawn it out on paper and just need to put it in the CS. lol.

this is a reply to the mehrunes razor thing btw

Edited by Guest

First, I don't think so about the enchantment thing. You can write your own script for it, though.

Second, yes, you can start right now, but make sure you have it turned in or at least work stopped 30 days from when you begin.

Third: Depends on what kind of ghost. To make them appear ethereal, give them the spell ABGhostNPC. To make them invincible and cannot be harmed, use a script and put setghost to 1.

Does anyone know how to remove fall damage temporarily? I've got a bit of a pit in my dungeon, and I need to make it so the player can just jump down it without damage, and then explain it away with a lump of hay. Water's not an option, I'm afraid.

My current idea for it is to put a triggerbox at the top to fortify athletics a ton, then one at the bottom to set it back to what it was when they leave the pit.

Maybe what you could do for falling down your huge hole is this:

Have a trigger box near the bottom that teleports you to almost the very bottom. Maybe just 4 meters above the ground so you will still fall and land on the ground but won't really take damage.

The scheduled last day for working on the 10 Dungeons in 10 Days project is today (July the 13th) with the target date for submission of work being July the 14th.

So that means that the 30 day Dungeon Contest will start real soon.

Okay, another problem. I've made some custom retextures to go with the theme of my dungeon. The weapons are intended to be semi-transparent. They appear as intended in the CS and NifSkope. However, in-game it's different.

In third person and when viewed on the ground, it's transparent as I want it to be.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot49.jpg?t=1279054650 http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot53.jpg?t=1279054650

However, when viewed in first person or in the menu, it goes opaque.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot51.jpg?t=1279054651 http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/ScreenShot52.jpg?t=1279054651

Anyone know why this is happening? To make them transparent, I only added a transparency property to the appropriate nodes and lowered the alpha.

Progress on mod: (yes I am bored)

Quest: 43%

Dungeon: 14%

Dialogue and such: 23%

Reward Items: 45%

Story: 95%

Overall: 30%

Preview of mod:

You go to the cave, and there is a skeleton lying on the ground. It has a sword stuck in its chest. There is also a bandit ringleader, most likely sleeping (as far as I've tested first area, he's always sleeping. >.<). You either make sure not to wake him up (he will once you pull the sword out of the skeleton), or just kill him.

VERY MUCH A SPOILER

Note: I am not responsible for any story ruining up ahead. Don't read if you want to be surprised in the storyline.

Once you've delt with the ringleader, you pull the sword out of the skeleton. A ghost Khajiiti appears in front of you and starts talking.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I am a master of cliffhanger endings. You'll find out when you play the mod :P

If you read the spoiler above, you'll know what happens next.

Read the above spoiler if you want to know what happens. If not, don't. Also, I have a cool script for a sword called "Unholy Crystalizer". You'll see what it does :P

And here is another spoiler:

The rewards for the quest (so far) are as follows:

The Staff of Magnus (you lore fans should know what this is)

The Daedric Cresent Blade

Crysamere