No New Dragon Models!?

GodKingVivec

Why is it that the most popular creature ever to appear in the Elder scrolls Series seems to be the LEAST modded!? there are hundreds of re-texture mods but less than TEN new models for dragons! whats the deal internet!? there are so many good 3d model makers out there but none of them seem to have any ideas for new dragons in the works! there's so much untapped potential there! I've seen some insane models out there, I know you guys are capable of making mind-blowing dragons.

As far as I know even the slightest adjustment to their skeleton will rip apart their animations, they're not regular actors you can freely change things to. Now retextures and adding stuff to them is possible, and has been done by many mods. For example:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31229/

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17473/?

Edited by Valkasha

As far as I know even the slightest adjustment to their skeleton will rip apart their animations, they're not regular actors you can freely change things to. Now retextures and adding stuff to them is possible, and has been done by many mods. For example:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31229/

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17473/?

see thats what im talking about. thosse are beast! why arent there more modders doing that!?

• 1 month later...

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! Ive wondered why there was a lack of variety conserning dragons.... I animate models for fun and have just started working on a dragon. I trying to find out how to make/add my own model in Skyrim because I really want some variety!!!! :D

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! Ive wondered why there was a lack of variety conserning dragons.... I animate models for fun and have just started working on a dragon. I trying to find out how to make/add my own model in Skyrim because I really want some variety!!!! :D

"As far as I know even the slightest adjustment to their skeleton will rip apart their animations, they're not regular actors you can freely change things to."

• 3 weeks later...

"As far as I know even the slightest adjustment to their skeleton will rip apart their animations, they're not regular actors you can freely change things to."

I know.... thats why i'm making my own animations....... ;)

Edited by Karibdyss

Why is it that the most popular creature ever to appear in the Elder scrolls Series seems to be the LEAST modded!? there are hundreds of re-texture mods but less than TEN new models for dragons! whats the deal internet!? there are so many good 3d model makers out there but none of them seem to have any ideas for new dragons in the works! there's so much untapped potential there! I've seen some insane models out there, I know you guys are capable of making mind-blowing dragons.

Feel free to make one yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel free to make one yourself.

I havent had any modding talent since morrowind or i would