Nozomi hair?

koolaid_man

My ultimate goal is to make a Nozomi CM companion based on the character from the anime series Mayoi Neko Overrun.

Even a scrub as useless and clueless as myself can make a CM companion using the tutorial, but all I need is the hair made, then I can probably use a shorter mystic elf for the character and go from there.

or...

some big awesome 1337 person can come along and save me hurting myself and make a Nozomi CM companion. :sweat:

Pictures of the "unique" hair. (Character with the purple hair is Nozomi.) No, those are not ears, they are part of the hair. She does not have a tail, so shes not a real neko, but close enough.

Here

Here

and Here

Sorry, I tried to get a pic of her from the back, it was a no go, I can't even find any of her alone... so yeah...

Link to the anime... for research reasons of course... Nozomi doesn't show up until the very end of episode 1, so if you just want to get a look at her, better skip to ep. 2. (Beware, you may end up watching all 12 episodes...)

I was going to grab a snippet of her signature "Nyaa" from a video clip, and take a .wmv file for a greeting. So basically talking to the Nozomi companion will get you "Nyaa" as the opening dialogue, with sound. She isn't one to say, "What can I help you with?" as a greeting.

No one wants to take a whack at this? I don't care if you think I'm an anime nerd, I don't care if you think that Mayoi Neko Overrun is gay, I don't care if you don't like my sig, all I need is 1 farkin hairpiece.

I've asked VanillaBean, he's not interested, I went to Ren, but Ren hasn't been on since 2007, I went to Babe and haven't got a reply back.... and Corean doesn't exist...

It's 1 hairpiece...

i understand your pain man i would do it if i could but alas i cant im just a new modder atm but if i ever get good at it and it hasnt been done yet ill do it...not anytime soonthough... and i have requested a set of armor twice now and none will even post on it so, but they are willing to make a rat race with would require new animations and everthing...but they cant even make a hair or armor. im not mad though most modders are really busy with thier own projects so keep trying someone will get it sooner or later :thumbsup:

I hope so, I just downloaded Blender and Nifskope, then took some hairs from packs I will not mention to prevent getting the banhammer, and tried to edit them together... I swear my head almost exploded... who knew hairs had so many triangles? The triangles man, the triangles... THE TRIANGLES!!! I must wait 'till some modder in shining armor does what I could not, and puts two curved pyramids on the sides of some hair similar to the basic Ren hair... and then a couple loopy things on the front...

Not to mention then textures it and makes color adjustable.

(that was an attempt at a personal mod btw, not to be released, so me kludging other author's hairs together didn't mean nuthin.)

I could do it as a team effort with someone? I can get the character set up and everything, the race, the face, and even snatch that sound file off for the greeting... all I need is HAIR.

I mean, look at her. Don't you want one? Sitting in the back... shootin' arrows...

Indeed, hair has a large number of polys, and the weightpainting on it is atrocious. There's also the number of problems that could arise from adding onto it (Ever seen what happens when a khajiit gets its skeleton messed up?

You could try using the cat ears from some other khajiit mod, and then just combine the two models together retextured to match.

I have the modeling skill of a retarded monkey, but I think that stickin' things on hair would be easy enough. But even with that, don't ask me to retexture anything unless it's just stickin' it on there, I can't use GIMP to save my life...

Would ears be able to be retextured to look like hair? Now that I think about it having them move would be fine too, since in the show she does have "expressive" hair depending on her mood, although they never go higher than in the pictures, just lower.

This is making my brain hurt... but I'll give it a try, will some texture person be willing to work with me 1 on 1 if I do get the hair model redone? we can't release it due to the fact it will most likely be Ren's hair with Ainmhi ears and custom bands added on the front, but I'll share the companion with ya...

So I did it, I have no idea how, and it probably has five billion bugs, but I have a .obj I have no idea what to do with... anyone want to texture it? or first tell me how to export it right at least...

I attached a physical Print Scrn picture of it in blender... I don't even know how to save it :ermm:.

P.S. I used Ren's hair and Ainmhi ears as a base... the only thing I made from scratch were the bands... is it technically legal to upload this if I give em' credit?

So I got the .tga UV maps done, Triveck is going to try texturing it, if anyone else wants to, feel free. I'll attach the .tga's here. May the best texture-er win!

P.S.The main hair tga may be overlapped on itself, if it turns out to be a problem I'll redo it.

Many attempts later

It seems I'm not allowed to upload .tga files on the forums, anyone can e-mail me at [email protected] or MSN messenger with the same name for me to send it to em'.