Alistair Marriage Even If...

rinanth

There may be a mod out there already with this in mind, and if there is I'd love for someone to link me to it (there's just so much to slog through on this site now).

I really hate that in order to keep everyone alive you need to let Alistair sleep with Morrigan (female players, i.e. me). I despise that part of the story and I refused to play for a bit after finding out. I don't know how to manage this myself but if someone could make a mod that allows you to have Loghain join, and yet still marry Alistair in the end (and I mean marry the Alistair who didn't have sexual relations with that woman) I'd be really happy.

If my request sounds a little convoluted it's because I have not beaten the game yet (refused to) and I've only heard tidbits of the ending here and there. I don't like spoilers. :( Amazing I held out this long, huh?

As far as I know there's a mod out there that removes gender/origin restrictions, but I'm not sure it functions the same way that I'm looking for. Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
I have been looking for the exact same thing! I wish I knew how to make mods...If anyone will explain it thoroughly to me I will give it a shot. I finished the game today and flinched terribly during the whole 'dark ritual' thing. I married him anyway, but still... I cannot get the image out of my head, I hate it! I do have a save file from before that happens though, so if someone makes a mod...

That doesn't sound right really :P; Alistair would hate your guts if you make Loghain a Grey Warden, while making Alistair king. I think his approval would drop dramatically if you were to do such a thing.

So I wouldn't even know if he would even agree to marry such a person.

I don't know though, it might be a case that this couldn't be possible because there might not be dialogue written for it?

• 6 months later...

I know!

I want this mod mostly because I have a glitch which gives a 'ghost loghain' in which, even if I kill him and keep Alistair, he is still there at the gates! I get an option to put him in command at the gate, but worst of all, he overwrites Alistairs gate convo!!! :sad:

• 2 months later...
One possible idea that could keep Alistair in the party (and maybe disaprove less) would be a persuasion check to convince him that a rather ironic punishment would be to force Loghain to become a Grey Warden (or face the gallows like the traitor he is) and he would be under Alistair's direct command.I get the feeling he would reguard this as a fate worse than being slowly violated and eaten by darkspawn. If you succeed,this could also allow the redemption ending /cheevo without losing Alistair. Failure would mean you have to choose.

A similar topic has allready been made here. Check this link!. I got a nice reply from Thandal in that thread on how to cheat your way around this, but still if anyone would be able to actually make a mod, it would make the game SO much better. Clearly, we are many who would like to see this done! There are so many ways one could work around this, as suggested above a persuade option for Alistair to allow Logain into the party, or as I mentioned in the other thread, conscript Jowan and make him a Gray Warden and have him kill the Arch demon. Or for that matter what about Leliana "I'd do anything to stop the blight", why not make her a Gray Warden? It seems a bit strange that once you actually have the possibility to do the joining-ritual non of your companions seem to even consider it.

How right you are, it has hit me before when I rescued that senior grey warden

from the Estate, I was like " Yay!! now I can make everyone grey warden !! ",

but then I went " HUH?! " when Morrigan offered the Dark Ritual.

The Joining needs the blood of an AD to effect its transformation, and not just some random DS's, (although it appears that's necessary as well. Maybe just to get enough of the Taint without using-up all the AD component. THAT stuff's gotta' be incredibly rare!)

Riordan tells you that the Ferelden Wardens' supply should have been in the vault in Denerim, but it wasn't... :confused:

• 1 month later...

Honestly.... I liked Morrigan since the start, she was very cool and mysterious and.... I also have to admit she is somewhat beautiful because of her exotic features.... and because of my fascination I included her in my party, ALWAYS, I never thought of removing her because she was so damn helpful & interesting =) but.... when I learned about the ritual.... letting my character's Alistair sleep with her NEVER crossed my mind.... I mean, who would want you yourself sit in another room while your man was being laid in another room with a totally hot chick? No doubt, he would somewhat like it... or try to like it... since alistair is still a man, no matter how faithful he looks... I HATED Morrigan since then... but I still begged her to stay because i needed her in the final battle, but you can't get everything so she still left....So during my first playthrough my initial plan was to sacrifice myself... But when I finally killed the archdemon... He stops me and does it himself,,,, no matter what I say to him... and that led me to thinking if it was better to let Morrigan bed him... since it was only a one time thing and I felt extreme guilt... but I still couldn't bear the nightmares it will bring if it happened....

Now I'm repalying with Equal Love Mod, if you still don't have it (which I highly doubt) I could give you the link =) though the AlistairxMorrigan sex scene from youtube still give me nightmares =(

Edited by 0rigins

• 1 month later...

Honestly.... I liked Morrigan since the start, she was very cool and mysterious and.... I also have to admit she is somewhat beautiful because of her exotic features.... and because of my fascination I included her in my party, ALWAYS, I never thought of removing her because she was so damn helpful & interesting =) but.... when I learned about the ritual.... letting my character's Alistair sleep with her NEVER crossed my mind.... I mean, who would want you yourself sit in another room while your man was being laid in another room with a totally hot chick? No doubt, he would somewhat like it... or try to like it... since alistair is still a man, no matter how faithful he looks... I HATED Morrigan since then... but I still begged her to stay because i needed her in the final battle, but you can't get everything so she still left....So during my first playthrough my initial plan was to sacrifice myself... But when I finally killed the archdemon... He stops me and does it himself,,,, no matter what I say to him... and that led me to thinking if it was better to let Morrigan bed him... since it was only a one time thing and I felt extreme guilt... but I still couldn't bear the nightmares it will bring if it happened....

Now I'm repalying with Equal Love Mod, if you still don't have it (which I highly doubt) I could give you the link =) though the AlistairxMorrigan sex scene from youtube still give me nightmares =(

To me, the most logical type of mod would be for one or more companions to undergo the joining with Riordan and have one them make the sacrifice. It always puzzled me a little when I learned that Riordan could actually perform the joining with Loghain that nobody stopped to consider the possibility that my talented and faithful companions who have followed me through hell and back wouldn't volunteer to or accept becoming a Grey Warden. Particularly after you learn that ONLY a Grey warden can slay the archdemon.

I'm rather surprised that Riordan himself doesn't suggest it considering the desperate need for alternatives in case the three existing Grey Wardens don't survive. The more Grey Wardens, the better and Grey Wardens are supposed to do ANYTHING to stop a blight...even if that means knowingly putting your friends lives at risk of instant death. I could see Oghren and Liliana being willing. Possibly Zevran if your influence is VERY high. Wynne is already living on borrowed time and would probably be quite comfortable with the idea. Stne might even be a possiblity, though this woud conflict with his duty to his people. For those with the Ser Gilmore mod, he is an obvious choice.

A more amusing alternative might be Dog. After all, hasn't he already survied the Darkspawn Taint?