Starting Skyrim Again, Essential Mods?

IvoryTower04

Well thank you, I had no idea, I mean I figured there was something a little wrong with it when it's not setting up many random encounters and they're kind of broken, I did clean it but i'm guessing that's going to be of no help is it.

No problem. :smile:

How far are you into the game? I'd hate to tear away hours upon hours of progress, but if you're not that far in - the best thing to do is to just start over fresh. But, if you are far in and want to try and keep it - uninstall the mod and then check your data folder to see if anything has been left over. Check your Script logs once you boot the game back up to see if it is still firing any scripts from Warzones. If so - try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

To get a Skyrim Script Log go to the Skyrim ini file located in My Documents/My Games/Skyrim, and put this in there:

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Save this. Then, start the game and do stuff. Afterwards, save your game and quit. Go back to the same Skyrim folder where your ini file is and there should be a file that says Logs.

If you want a more detailed guide on unistalling mods, you could look aorund for some guides. There is a forum post actually on Steam that talks about this topic if you're interested (read the longest post by user whitelion1284).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2791993

I'm looking at the ENB file downloads on the site and i'm not sure if I install the Skyrim patch or the inject?

You should just need this in your Data folder.

http://enbdev.com/enbseries_skyrim_v0264.zip

From enbdev.com:

This version require helper mod to run per weather setups (if not used, then ignore helper mod), download it from link in readme.

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 must be set in SkyrimPrefs.ini file to make this mod work. Start SkyrimLauncher.exe to configure your video options again.

Sky lighting to work correctly require rendering objects to shadow, so edit manually following lines in file SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

Also from enbdev.com:

Installing

http://enbdev.com/icon_warn.gif Do not put d3d8.dll or d3d9.dll from ENBSeries to system folder of Windows!!!

Open game folder. You can manually locate it in browser or to open in properties of desktop link to the game.

For injector based versions of ENBSeries, you should setup proper name of game executable in configuration file of ENBSeries, this required to inject in to game process. In most cases, non modified games for which mod is developed, working properly without editing.

Injector version can be installed to any folder, but for better compability recommended to extract to game folder (some files may not work).

For d3d9.dll based versions of ENBSeries, check if game executable (file with .exe extention) is in same folder, some games have binary executable files in custom folders like bin, bin32, system and in main folder only launchers or .bat files. ENBSeries files must to be extracted and placed where game .exe file is or where game .dll libraries, otherwise it will not work. If you can't find .exe file, perhaps extentions are hidden by properties in OS, just ignore this and put files in game folder for experiment.

d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_40.dll, d3dx9_43.dll - required to run ENBSeries, if game won't start with modification and display error message, download DirectX Runtime from microsoft.com web site, they are not exist in system only for those users, who did not update DirectX several years or did clear installation of OS recently. If you need them, unpack to same folder, where ENBSeries is. Also you can put these files in to system folder of your windows installation.

Hopefully this can help you. I'm not super great at ENB related things, but maybe what I've shared here can help you.

Edited by DaddyDirection

Well thank you, I had no idea, I mean I figured there was something a little wrong with it when it's not setting up many random encounters and they're kind of broken, I did clean it but i'm guessing that's going to be of no help is it.

No problem. :smile:

How far are you into the game? I'd hate to tear away hours upon hours of progress, but if you're not that far in - the best thing to do is to just start over fresh. But, if you are far in and want to try and keep it - uninstall the mod and then check your data folder to see if anything has been left over. Check your Script logs once you boot the game back up to see if it is still firing any scripts from Warzones. If so - try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

I'm looking at the ENB file downloads on the site and i'm not sure if I install the Skyrim patch or the inject?

You should just need this in your Data folder.

http://enbdev.com/enbseries_skyrim_v0264.zip

From enbdev.com:

This version require helper mod to run per weather setups (if not used, then ignore helper mod), download it from link in readme.

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 must be set in SkyrimPrefs.ini file to make this mod work. Start SkyrimLauncher.exe to configure your video options again.

Sky lighting to work correctly require rendering objects to shadow, so edit manually following lines in file SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

Also from enbdev.com:

Installing

http://enbdev.com/icon_warn.gif Do not put d3d8.dll or d3d9.dll from ENBSeries to system folder of Windows!!!

Open game folder. You can manually locate it in browser or to open in properties of desktop link to the game.

For injector based versions of ENBSeries, you should setup proper name of game executable in configuration file of ENBSeries, this required to inject in to game process. In most cases, non modified games for which mod is developed, working properly without editing.

Injector version can be installed to any folder, but for better compability recommended to extract to game folder (some files may not work).

For d3d9.dll based versions of ENBSeries, check if game executable (file with .exe extention) is in same folder, some games have binary executable files in custom folders like bin, bin32, system and in main folder only launchers or .bat files. ENBSeries files must to be extracted and placed where game .exe file is or where game .dll libraries, otherwise it will not work. If you can't find .exe file, perhaps extentions are hidden by properties in OS, just ignore this and put files in game folder for experiment.

d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_40.dll, d3dx9_43.dll - required to run ENBSeries, if game won't start with modification and display error message, download DirectX Runtime from microsoft.com web site, they are not exist in system only for those users, who did not update DirectX several years or did clear installation of OS recently. If you need them, unpack to same folder, where ENBSeries is. Also you can put these files in to system folder of your windows installation.

Hopefully this can help you. I'm not super great at ENB related things, but maybe what I've shared here can help you.

Thank you so much! I have not put too many hours, just more or less a test run on what mods I like and want in future games as this is my VERY FIRST time playing skyrim on PC, And so far I LOVE IT! I love how helpful this community is too! I only wish I could give back but I would have no idea how to start making a mod lol. I do however have a very great imagination :]

You're welcome. :smile: If you backed up your Data folder when you first installed then you should be able to revert back to Vanilla then and just carry on fresh - which may even simplify things. I too love this community, it's filled with many kind and very helpful people. Anyway, good luck with all that, and enjoy the game.

Now, On Topic with the Original Post:

I feel like I've posted quite a bit here in this thread and haven't really contributed to the OP, so here goes.

My essential/recommended mods would be as follows (my apologies if some of them have been already mentioned):

iHud

Frostfall

Xenius Character Enhacement

Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Follower Commentary Overhaul

Guard Dialogue Overhaul

Interesting NPC's

Inconsequential NPC's

Pure Waters

Immersive Patrols (Aggresive Version)

Gildergreen Regrown

Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf

The Paarthurnax Dilemma

Cutting Room Floor

Provincial Courier Service

Point the Way

When Vampires Attack

Run for your Lives

Bring Out Your Dead

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

If you like Lycanthropy: Moonlight Tales + Heart of the Beast + Predator Vision (does no work with an ENB's though), and Werewolf Mastery.

If you like Vampirism: Better Vampires, Dynamic Vampire Appearence, BVFE - Better Vampire Fangs and Eyes, and BVFE - Serana and Family.

For Followers: Vilja in Skyrim, Sofia - The Funny Fully Voiced Follower, Arissa - The Wandering Rogue, or The B-Team.

Edited by DaddyDirection