How to not cheat?

waffles8133

like i just want to get all the good armor at the start, get all kinds of money, etc

is there anything to stop me from cheating

I know how you feel ill search around and look for ya give me a bit and ill see what i can find. ok i found it! here you go http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19395 it disables the console from being used so oyu would have to manually earn EVERYTHING unless you know some other way of cheating..so have fun!

Edited by triveck

Break off the tilde button on your keyboard?

Or install vista, same thing. I had to jump throgh all kind of loops and change all kind of settings to get mine to work. :sleep:

A good way to play the game progressively without cheating, but feel like you're moving fast is to choose major skills that you might not really want, but are easy to get. Levels are based on how fast you get up MAJOR SKILLS ONLY. So take Conjuration or something that you can level by casting cheap spells, then do mages guild first thing to get in the university. From there you can craft your own powerleveling spells (summon skeleton for 1 second), that cost 1-3 magicka and you can cast whenever you want as much as you want. Also getting gear is relativity easy. Go on to the Uesp wiki and look under the places tab for forts or Ayleid ruins, and look for ones that are inhabited by either marauders or bandits, who will always be wearing the best gear for your level you can get (marauders for heavy armor and blade, bandits for light armor and blunt). Then raid away. At level 20 you start getting the best (Daedric / Glass), so you may want to powerlevel major skills to get there. My major skill set for a fast leveling character is:

Blade / Blunt

Heavy Armor / Light Armor

Armorer

Alchemy

Conjuration

Alteration

Sneak

All of these except for blade / blunt can be powerleveled easily. (for details on how to specifically so that, see the skills page of the uesp wiki.)

Now that I have thoroughly told you how to play your game, go play it. :teehee:

See I get sick easily, and when I'm sick I play my xbox oblivion... which has no console. Legally powerleveling is a learned skill :tongue:

Vista most definitely doesn't disable the console by itself (my PC came with Vista, though it isn't that great). For some odd reason, many peripheral devices (and some other accessories) use some line of code that interferes with the tilde button working in-game. A friend of mine borrowed the game for a while and he couldn't use the console until we read about it and uninstalled his web cam.

It doesn't seem wise to just block the console in general, it's not a cheating function. Maybe if you found a way to randomize the item lists listed IDs, you wouldn't be able to simply look up the weapon or whatever (not on the wiki at least). If a quest glitches though, you're gonna need the console. Hell, sometimes when I'm exploring, something happens usually that requires console aid.

I used to use it a lot with experimental characters, but it became a habit. I broke that habit by will though (how could I console kill/gain money/tgm as a Shinobi, it was too fulfilling to get kills myself and get items from dungeons and quests).