Smugglers

Deleted1217574User

Well. I've tried my hand at the CS and it's easy enough to accomplish the absolute basics of this, but not particularly interesting to play through or to even use. So here's what I propose.

A mod that adds actual smugglers into Oblivion. Sure, the Thieve's Guild is nice and all, but it was too easy and kinda dull. I mean, if you have one of the many mods that give clutter value, you can ransack a few people's basements and sell it all, for one gold each, and make a decent profit. And, most things sell for far more than 1 gold each. So, what if there were actual smugglers, or perhaps more serious fences, who specialized? For example, there's a smuggler who deals in Akaviri artifacts. So, if you bring him a katana or any of the various things from the Bruma castle, you get a nice gold reward. Not necessarily gold, or maybe after X number of gold rewards you get, say, some artifact from Skyrim or something. He's a smuggler, he'll most likely have rarer goods. (And, of course, new meshes and textures are always appreciated on rewards! http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/whistling.gif) Or, maybe there's a skooma run. Get some skooma from the Orum gang in Cheydinhal, and run it to the Skooma Den in Bravil. Wanna make it interesting? Give the player a 1000 gold bounty and sick the guards on him, so that he'd actually have to run to Bravil, hide and stuff, rather than just fast travel there and back. There are ways to spice it up. If anyone's interested, lemme know. I've got a few other ideas, but it'd be pointless to list them out here unless I knew someone was actually interested. I'll help out in the CS as much as I can, which unfortunately isn't much.

Sounds really good but that is a lot of work...maybe you should list some of oyur ideas out here so the modders and community can see them cause the more ideas and the better they are the more likely its to happen^^ :thumbsup:

Sounds really good but that is a lot of work...maybe you should list some of oyur ideas out here so the modders and community can see them cause the more ideas and the better they are the more likely its to happen^^ :thumbsup:

Alright, then. Yeah, at the time I started posting, I didn't have it so elaborately planned in my head, but now... Well, a few more ideas and such that constitute more work. Anywho.

I realize that with some of the stuff I outlined, it's so much smuggling anymore, but oh well. In the general vein of things, I know OOO added slave drivers. Perhaps the player could assist in rounding up slaves. For example, to various Khajiit or Argonians, it'd be sorta like the Shivering Isles torture quest, where you eventually "convince" them to follow you, and lead them back to slave drivers.

Black marketing: Say there's a particular item. I'll use a sword for example, and both Rohssan from A Fighting Chance and whatsisface the orc from Slash & Smash want it. The intrepid adventurer, being the one who retrieve it, can decide who to give it too, for a price of course. Afterwards, he could always steal it back and give it to the other. Or keep it for himself. It'd be like across between the Chorrol MG recommendation and the Umbra quest. Really similar, actually, so I guess it could use some editing.

As far as actual smugglers go, maybe you could sell through dialogue? Because I doubt they'd be interested in your endless supply of rusty iron shortswords, but an endless supply of Daedric longswords is slightly more appealing. Perhaps daedric items sell for a set price, or ebony or glass or whatnot, but it's not a regular merchant transaction.

These are just a couple ideas, I gotta get off the computer for a little while, so if anyone's even slightly interested, please, lemme know.

I don't think it's possible to hide from guards. They always seem to know where you are. And they're omnipotent. I was once flying on Saidenstorm's Akatosh mount and one teleported right up beside me to arrest me (I hit resist and he fell to his death).

I don't think it's possible to hide from guards. They always seem to know where you are. And they're omnipotent. I was once flying on Saidenstorm's Akatosh mount and one teleported right up beside me to arrest me (I hit resist and he fell to his death).

Yeah, I know, which makes it sorta difficult I realized... Is it possible to make them pursue you like any normal enemy, but not give up the chase halfway through?

gogo guard overhaul.