Low FPS issue in major cities with 7770 , 7850, GTX 660 and even GTX 680

smilefamily

hehe hard to resist installing great mods like smim,elfx,SiC etc huh :tongue:

um have you optimised your textures using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?

eh should i?

i'm afraid for using a tool like that, too risky for a noob like me.

I wouldn't recommend optimizing textures, it really makes high quality armors look horrendous.

uhh glad that i havent

==================================

dear fellas, does it have something wrong with cores?

i've read somewhere that skyrim only uses dual cores.

does editing inumbhavok necessary?

ive optimised my textures 50 times and never once had an issue,

besides rule one when modding always back up anything your modifying

1) if it wasnt safe i wouldnt (nor would 200,000+ other people use it) 2) the tool is super easy to use tbh

i have a quad core,ive never had to change anything to get it to run fine.

Edited by Phoenix_1982

You probably didn't look at the before and afters then, the difference in quality is very noticeable. For example my ebony armor retexture, it went from looking great and shiny to looking bland with weird green spots. I suppose the higher the quality of textures you use the more noticeable the *optimization* will be. That tool doesn't just optimize textures, it normalizes the file size which causes huge reductions in quality.

actually i spent over a week comparing before and after and there was no noticeable different at all,and i can guarantee my ebony armor has never had green spots on ever and the shine as still there after,but then maybe we're using different mods.

Edited by Phoenix_1982

sorry for slow reply,no on default game i was always getting 60 fps at all times,lowest ive seen in solitude was 57 fps and that was on the docks.

did you have any fps issues without mods?

yes..

since vanilla..

did you experiencing this too? whats your lowest frame rates on solitude?

Gtx 680 here (single, not sli). Lowest fps i've seen in Solitude on Ultra preset is 80~fps. So you definitely shouldn't drop fps that much. The lowest fps in Skyrim is in Markarth, near the door to under-mountain parts. 57-58 fps on ultra preset in that place.

Edited by Akreontage