Companions 'stealing' experience?

Lachrymology

Hi. Before I explain my problem I would like to state which mods I use.

I use FOOK2, Marts Mutant mod and slower leveling.

So I am currently level 13, I have Dogmeat, Star Paladin Cross and Lucy West.

I noticed that during fights I hardly get any xp, because the trio ravages through all the enemies and kills them. If I fight a horde of 6 super mutants I mostly get only xp for killing 2, which is kind of lame. Is there a way to work around that, so that I get full xp no matter the damage I do to an enemy,

Thanks in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, you must do at least 51% of the damage to an enemy to get any XP for the kill. I know that for the law-bringer perk, you also must perform the killing blow. The only way around this that I can think of is to loose your companions.

Alright. Maybe I'll ditch Cross and Lucy, going back to the lone wanderer with his dog.

Thanks for the help.

Here With that all you have to do is hit them and you get max XP. :)

Good mod Idea. I was thinking about trying my hand at creating some AI options that will make the companion stand back until you fire at the enemy or until the enemy shoots at them. However, there is a mod that lets you remote control companions. So you can hot key commands like wait here or fire on my target. Using a mod like that you can just tell your group to wait somewhere safe and if things get hot hit a button to have the engage. I'm not sure what the name of the mod was.

Alright. Maybe I'll ditch Cross and Lucy, going back to the lone wanderer with his dog.

Thanks for the help.

Here With that all you have to do is hit them and you get max XP. :)

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

No problem :)