How do YOU make your characters look?

Lehcar

The Character Creator doesn't have too many limitations... you can design your characters to the way you want them to look, at your pleasure.

Every one has different visions and interpretations as to how each different player character "should" look like. What are yours? Please share, I really want to know! Pics are very welcome if you wish!

Let's see... I always make elves with extremely pale skin, blonde hair (red for males, but I pretty much never play a male elf) and blue or grey eyes. I don't know why, but it just seems most appropriate and fitting for elven characters to look this way, based on real-world mythology and centuries-old artwork and such. :P

My Dwarf Noble characters; Lord Aeducan always has brown eyes... not sure why, I just like him that way. Lady Aeducan's are always green or brown, sometimes very dark blue. I've made a crapload of Lord and Lady Aeducan's since I started playing this game, but one thing that never, ever changes is they always have red hair. I can't tell you why but, red hair just seems the most appropriate colour for a dwarven prince/princess (although I did try out making a black haired Lord Aeducan once.) They always have pale to slightly tanned skin. :smile:

Dwarf Commoner males for me always have black hair and brown eyes, females the same but I like to give them medium brown hair. Both always darker skin, not black or very brown, more like sort of a darker tanned colour, because it just makes em seem more badass to me.

Human Noble male characters always have darker eyes, and black hair because I want them to look like their big brother Fergus, and because I imagine Bryce Cousland (father) must have had black hair when he was younger. Females... I don't know why, I know it's horribly cliche but if I try giving them anything besides blonde or red hair, it just doesn't look right to me. Maybe because I imagine the HN's mother with blonde or red hair when she was younger? Lol. :wacko:

Mages I don't have a real habit of making them look any certain way... but I like female mages with shorter hairstyle for some reason... and with brown hair. Men are usually black hair or redheads. Sometimes I think it's cool to give them "exotic" (read: un-realistic) eye colours, and occasionally hair colours just cause it makes them seem more... magical. :laugh:

But I almost never give any of my females black hair because I don't want them to look like Morrigan or Cauthrien... :pinch:

Every RPG I play, my character becomes a heartless overlord that kills everything in his way. It's inevitable that eventually I just get sick of being nice to stupid NPC's and start a'beheadin'.

I usually try to get that to reflect in my characters.

Almost all of my male characters are bald, light blue eyes, and goateed (except elves, hairless little :mad: ). The female characters are also usually blue-eyed, brunettes. ( hey, I have a thing for blue-eyed brunettes, ask my fiance :whistling: ). And everyone has at least a slight tan. Being out in the sun all of the time and pale? Don't see that happeniing much. For a change-up some female characters will get an asian appearance (have a thing there too :whistling:) and males will get at the most a warden hairstyle, if I ever decide to make one that way. I did have one male I made to appear like Ash from the Army of Darkness movie when the Witherbark mod first came out, just to yell at my computer "here... is... my... BOOMSTICK!"

My (rare) male chars mostly end up looking like me. :yes: OK, me "idealized". Very short iron-grey hair, short beard, hazel eyes, etc. Just don't spend a lot of time on the men, since I'm usually creating them only as crash-test dummies for some specific purpose. My first, (and to-date, only) male for DA was my Orlesian GW in DA:A, built when I wanted to find out how things changed with a PC who didn't have any DA:O history.

The women now, that's different. I'll spend what seems like forEVER adjusting eye height or lip fullness. This hair? No, that one. No, the OTHER one, but in THAT color! I've found that I always increase neck width, brow prominence, and "underbite" from their defaults, always darken skin tone (except the once, when I went albino with max tats!) and have a distinct tendency to favour redheads. (Since I also favour playing a Rogue, in-game I have sometimes mistaken Leli for my PC and vice-versa. :pinch: :teehee: )

But at least as important as appearance, I ponder "Which voice?" This is less of an issue with DA than some other BW releases, due to the more limited choices. Anyone else quit playing a char in NWN because you just couldn't listen to yourself any more?!? The voice is probably the main reason I prefer female PCs. Don't want to hear "me" barking that much. Would rather hear purring.

I never play male characters so that's not an issue, my HFs all look much the same, I take the preset and change lip colour, blusher and eyeshadow to suit my mood at the time and they are all blond, probably because that was/is my colour, eyes don't work on my computer it's black, black or black, I change the eye shape just a tad and I use the 'don't worry be hairy' mod because the preset hair styles are so ugly and daggy and the colours all suck and I don't like any of the other hair mods.

The same goes for my EF, but I choose the smallest ears I can and hair to cover them, in the close shots they don't even look like ears, more like lumps of raw meat pork chops or steaks, way too thick...ughhhh and the elves in the game are not what I imagine an elf would be like, these are bordering on pixies they are too small, give me elves from the film Lord of the Rings, tall as humans and noble looking and not covered in facial tattoos. The face tattoos I choose the smallest I can get away with and make them as pale as possible, because to me they are just OTT I know I could not have any, but then I would look like a CE.

Forget dwarfs I don't play dwarfs not for anything, sorry I just don't fancy being small and dumpy and no I don't care about the whizzy dialogue I'm missing or the trophies.

Basically as long as they aren't ugly in my eyes that's good enough, character done game on :biggrin:

That's easy, almost like myself, long blond hair and blue eyes. That's the reason why i wont really change my char, only my hairstyle and my clothes, like in real life :rolleyes:

I almost always go with the sloppy medium length hair in a natural non-dyed but often sun-bleached color; eyes are mostly blue or green. Their skin is normally well tanned because as a Floridian, to me it looks normal and natural that way; although of late I seem to be on an albino kick, white hair, red eyes and as pale as I can make them - go figure (must be the heat.) I try to match the age (complexion) with the origin, human around 20, same for the rare dwarf, elves 18-19, one time in ten I will use the slight scar; Orleasian Warden - anything goes; I might even make an old fart next time lol.

How I do my characters?

Answer: Awesome.

My lady characters allways look as hot as possible, while my male characters usally look quite brutal. My famale elf rogue had dark skin and white hair and looked gorgerous, while my dwarf warrior was bald, a blue tattoo and red baird. So all in all, they look awesome :laugh:

Went back and added pics so the words have context. :thumbsup:

My (rare) male chars mostly end up looking like me. :yes: OK, me "idealized". Very short iron-grey hair, short beard, hazel eyes, etc. Just don't spend a lot of time on the men, since I'm usually creating them only as crash-test dummies for some specific purpose. My first, (and to-date, only) male for DA was my Orlesian GW in DA:A, built when I wanted to find out how things changed with a PC who didn't have any DA:O history.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/1678793-1278764780.jpg

The women now, that's different. I'll spend what seems like forEVER adjusting eye height or lip fullness. This hair? No, that one. No, the OTHER one, but in THAT color! I've found that I always increase neck width, brow prominence, and "underbite" from their defaults, always darken skin tone (except the once, when I went albino with max tats!) and have a distinct tendency to favour redheads. (Since I also favour playing a Rogue, in-game I have sometimes mistaken Leli for my PC and vice-versa. :pinch: :teehee: )

So:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/1678793-1278765221.jpg

And:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/1678793-1278764524.jpg

But at least as important as appearance, I ponder "Which voice?" This is less of an issue with DA than some other BW releases, due to the more limited choices. Anyone else quit playing a char in NWN because you just couldn't listen to yourself any more?!? The voice is probably the main reason I prefer female PCs. Don't want to hear "me" barking that much. Would rather hear purring.

Went back and added pics so the words have context. :thumbsup:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/1678793-1278764780.jpg

So:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/1678793-1278765221.jpg

And:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/supporters/images/1678793-1278764524.jpg

Such vanity :tongue: :laugh: