Relationships with non-gamers...don't work...

SpellAndShield

I'd have to say it's not necessarily true either, that those kinds of relationships don't work. I may not play for 18 hours a day, but I'm always sure to get my fair share of Oblivion in daily. And my girlfriend understands, she's fine with it. She's not a gamer either. She plays D&D with us and enjoys it, and I've convinced her to play some Call of Duty or Halo, but it's always grudgingly. I've also gotten her to start a file on Final Fantasy X. Sure, it may not be her thing, but I don't think that should ultimately be the deciding factor in a relationship. I suppose maybe the 18 hours would be a bit much, but that even sounds ridiculous to me. And I spend at least an hour a day refreshing the page to see if anyone reposted on the Oblivion Mod Detectives forum. I think that if you actually meet someone right for you, then something like gaming shouldn't prove too big a hindrance, or even a hindrance at all. Isn't that the sort of thing that's just supposed to be accepted? Sure, don't ignore him/her entirely, but if you're not allowed to do what you enjoy doing, then perhaps it's time for a new significant other. May I suggest "The Romancing Of Eyja?"

And to SilverDNA: Amen.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic